I want a younger GM

Pedro Cerrano

Apologies to our "older" members here but I sure am sick and tired of having older GMs that don't seem to be adapting to the new age of baseball. Ever since Sid Thrift I feel like our GMs have either been young and stupid or old and slow (or some even more lethal combination).

I'm sick of the slooooooooooow MacPhail waiting and waiting and waiti....zzzzzzz

WAKE UP! Give me a Theo Epstein or an Andrew Friedman or an Alex Anthopolous.

Give me someone that is young and energetic with a plan and has the ambition and drive to get it done.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apologies to our "older" members here but I sure am sick and tired of having older GMs that don't seem to be adapting to the new age of baseball. Ever since Sid Thrift I feel like our GMs have either been young and stupid or old and slow (or some even more lethal combination).

I'm sick of the slooooooooooow MacPhail waiting and waiting and waiti....zzzzzzz

Give me someone that is young and energetic with a plan and has the ambition and drive to get it done.

I hear ya.. but I can't imagine PA being even remotely interested in that.

I should change my last name to Angelos and tell Peter that I'm his long lost nephew. I'm Irish but we look close enough to Greek, right?

Cha-ching! I heard Angelos gave his nephew a half a pack of Juicyfruit for his birthday last year. Big spender that man is!

Andy HAS to build this team "on the cheap" which means he has to take an approach where all the available assets have been removed or diminished to the point where his assets are almost all that is left and giving him control over the process.

Just for fun, tell me who the "young" GMs were for the playoff teams from last year. Here's a list to help you along :)http://www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/List_of_current_Major_League_Baseball_general_managers

Guest rochester

Pretty bizarre...younger? what does age have to do with it? I'd rather have competent but I digress

Archived