How about some love for Andino

CA-ORIOLE

This guy has been pretty well maligned by some. OBP up to .345 (best on team) and the power numbers are starting to creep up to where they should be. I recall at the beginning of the year the announcers stated he was asked by Buck to concentrate on getting on base and it seams he's been able to do it.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, and I have stated several times that Andino's improved offense and Mark Reynolds' improved defense have been notable over the past 5 weeks. :) Andino even laid down a pretty good sacrifice bunt tonight.

Yeah, he is getting better with the bunts isn't he. I'm not sure what to make of the poor defensive numbers at second. It's pretty hard for me to believe he's below average range at second base. I'm guessing it's postioning/luck at this point with the small sample size.

Yeah, he is getting better with the bunts isn't he. I'm not sure what to make of the poor defensive numbers at second. It's pretty hard for me to believe he's below average range at second base. I'm guessing it's postioning/luck at this point with the small sample size.
His numbers aren't that poor, considering the SSS, and the fact that he's a SS converting to 2B. He's a -2.2 UZR, a -4 RS +-, and a 0 RS Rtot. He is having trouble going to his right.

I think Buck must be behind all the bunting. Must of laid down the gauntlet and demanded he get that skill down.

As bad as they were two-three months ago. Some are kinda decent lately. Practice makes perfect I guess.

His numbers aren't that poor, considering the SSS, and the fact that he's a SS converting to 2B. He's a -2.2 UZR, a -4 RS +-, and a 0 RS Rtot. He is having trouble going to his right.

Yeah the UZR/150 makes it look a lot worse I guess. I do think there are issues with positioning/luck/pitching here. I've noticed him shade a lot towards the middle even with a LH batter up, so I would have guessed he had more issues to his left not his right. You have the FB breakdown right?

I think Buck must be behind all the bunting. Must of laid down the gauntlet and demanded he get that skill down.

As bad as they were two-three months ago. Some are kinda decent lately. Practice makes perfect I guess.

Yeah, Andino must have half (or more) of the teams bunts.

I've never been an Andino hater. I personally appreciate the improvement he's made with the glove and the bat. Now that he's had more playing time, I think he's made good strides. I usually have positive thoughts when Dino's is at the plate. He's a scrappy little guy and I like that. I would like to see him try to steal more, though.

That's probably why Roberts is staying on the DL. He doesn't want to bunt.

Should be non-tendered or traded this offseason if the Orioles actually want to win next year.

They can do better.

That's silly. Good teams always have players worse than Robert Andino on their roster. They shouldn't be penciling him into a starting role, but you'd darn well better have a plan to replace players besides "get rid of everyone who's not an All Star and figure out the rest later."

Should be non-tendered or traded this offseason if the Orioles actually want to win next year.

They can do better.

He's a back up infielder, for God's sake! The dilemma here is Roberts. Andino would fit perfectly starting 40-60 games spelling Hardy and Roberts when they need a day off or having a nagging injury. But when he's playing every day, the drop-off from Roberts or Hardy is very significant.

Archived