OH's Bedard Contract Offer/Trade Update?

Peace21

Well whatever, if he wants what Peace is hinting at, no chance we sign him.

Which is exactly what I expected... which, in this case, is probably a good thing.

The biggest question to ask is whether the Dodgers can offer us now what a contender can offer us at the deadline, taking into account that an injury could turn this situation ugly really fast.

I agree with Dave. See how far you can twist the Dodgers' arms, and then send him packing and look ahead to brighter days in Baltimore.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems that the earlier speculation is playing out and that Bedard is making outrageous demands. We will, in all probability, put him on the block and get a great return. A question, though: is it possible that prospective trade partners will be scared off by the figures that are going to be bantered about? Do you think, SG, Peace21, etc. that we run the risk of reducing prospective partners by opening up this Pandoras box?

If his rumor is true, I hope we trade him within the next day or two. What a joke!

All it tells you is that Bedard doesn't want to be here unless you drastically overpay.

And who can blame him? This has been a terrible place to play for 10 years now.

I don't fault Bedard at all...This organization caused this to happen.

All it tells you is that Bedard doesn't want to be here unless you drastically overpay.

And who can blame him? This has been a terrible place to play for 10 years now.

I don't fault Bedard at all...This organization caused this to happen.

You are exactly right. If we had a team in place similar to the 96/97 teams, he'd probably be willing to stick around...and probably at a discount.

I cant see paying an antisocial injury prone pitcher this much money.

Sorry.

I mean its not like he is a fan favorite.

Its hard to like a guy that doesnt talk much.

I've heard Yankee fans say that no matter what A-Rod will never be a true Yankee. I guess I kind of feel that way about Bedard. His destiny belongs in another uniform.

Just like Mussina did when the team was winning...

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not. I'll say not since I see no smiley. The truth is Moose DID sign a hometown discount the first time his contract was up, and would have signed here again had Angelos made him a fair offer BEFORE allowing the MFY into the mix. Moose would have been a HOF lifelong Oriole.

Bedard, on the other hand, cannot seem to stay healthy despite his excellent success on the hill. I stand by my earlier statement, an "ace" on a losing team isn't worth a hill of beans, and Bedard's value is much higher in trade than it is as an actual Oriole.

I cant see paying an antisocial injury prone pitcher this much money.

Sorry.

I mean its not like he is a fan favorite.

Its hard to like a guy that doesnt talk much.

I've heard Yankee fans say that no matter what A-Rod will never be a true Yankee. I guess I kind of feel that way about Bedard. His destiny belongs in another uniform.

Millar talks a lot and people don't like him either.:D

Archived