Talks with Mets pick back up

bigbird

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It would be really nice to get Adam Jones, but idk what else we'd get, and I'm not exciting about trading Bedard into the AL

Seattle has loads of talent.

Adam Jones, Wladimir Balantien, Carlos Truinfel, Brandon Morrow.

Any three of those would be a great deal.

I would disagree. I wouldn't be happy with that trade at all. Gomez & Martinez are too much projection and too little beef. Heilman & Pelfrey are setup guys or back of the rotation guys at best, as well as Humber. Not that we can get it, but I'll take Kemp & Kershaw any day of the week over those 5. In fact you can keep Gomez & Martinez and at least insert Milledge. I'd take him instead of those two.
Milledge is over rated IMO and not worth the headaches. I thought you rated Humber = to Penn who you said was a #3? Back of the rotation is #4/5 IMO. Gomez could play a good defensive CF for us now and could hit for power in the very near future.

I would disagree. I wouldn't be happy with that trade at all. Gomez & Martinez are too much projection and too little beef. Heilman & Pelfrey are setup guys or back of the rotation guys at best, as well as Humber. Not that we can get it, but I'll take Kemp & Kershaw any day of the week over those 5. In fact you can keep Gomez & Martinez and at least insert Milledge. I'd take him instead of those two.

I agree with this.

Again, the Mets just do not have what it takes to get Bedard IMO unless they are getting another team involved by trading a guy like Beltran or someone like that.

Seattle has loads of talent.

Adam Jones, Wladimir Balantien, Carlos Truinfel, Brandon Morrow.

Any three of those would be a great deal.

I'm with you, buddy. Seattle is a team I would seriosuly consider dealing with. A package centered on Jones and Morrow would be incredible. I'll have to check out the Mariners' other prospects as I'm not sure who else I'd like.

I said a ceiling of a #3. That's a best case scenario. Odds are that it won't even be that good. Gomez could hit for power. He just never has. Milledge is just a year older and has clearly outperformed Gomez offensively at every stop in the minors and the majors. Maybe I'm missing something.
Your missing his rap caeer.:D

I'm not sayiing the Mets have the best prospects, but their prospects are definitely getting sold short in this thread.

I agree, I think if we had a player like Martinez in our system, he would be close to untouchable. You could say that for Gomez as well.

Again, not saying it's being offered, but do you think a Jones/Morrow deal is even in the same ballpark as a Kemp/Kershaw deal? I don't.

I disagree. I think it is in the same ballpark. Perhaps the Mariners would have to include another prospect or two to acquire Bedard, but I think Jones and Morrow would have to be considered pretty comparable to Kemp and Kershaw. Jones and Morrow have at least shown that they can excel in the bigs. The same cannot be said for Kershaw. But don't get me wrong, I do believe that Kemp/Kershaw > Jones/Morrow, but not by much.

Archived