Talks with Mets pick back up

bigbird

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was just told that talks with the Mets have started back up concerning Ramon Hernandez. Instad of the the "blue chip" prospect we were looking for we may go aver a very good young major league player and a mid level prospect. At least they're talking somewhat.

Is Gomez consider a prospect?

You guys dont have a clue what your talking about no way we deal bedard unless we get back a middle of a line up bat or front of the rotation starter for a start. It would take something like milledge who the mets are down on gomez cabrera and umber or pelfrey maybe with hernandez itll take a little more. i live in new york and therefore im pretty familiar with these guys mark my words

correction martindz not cabrera

Because a few scouts were wrong on a prospect, they are all wrong all the time? It's fun to generalize.
Your reading sklls are amazing.:D:rolleyes::eek: How did you manage to see I was secretly trying to say all scouts are always wring. The average person would infer from what I said that one should take scouting appraisals of 19 YO prospects with a grain of salt.

Well, he was 19 in AA.

If Rowell ended next season in AA, even if his numbers looks something like that, people here would be going insane.

Your reading sklls are amazing.:D:rolleyes::eek: How did you manage to see I was secretly trying to say all scouts are always wring. The average person would infer from what I said that one should take scouting appraisals of 19 YO prospects with a grain of salt.

I'm obviously not the average person. I prefer to think of myself as extraordinary.

Smith is a Chad Bradford disciple with a similar submarine delivery. He started out great last season, but then the league kind of caught up to him.

As part of a package, there's nothing wrong with him, but he can't be the centerpiece. Having him and Bradford in the same pen would be absolutely reduntant (No, I don't think the Mets would be interested in bringing Bradford back to Queens)

I wouldn't mind having 2 3.34 ERA guys in the pen, and even if the league gets used to them both, its still better than having Paul Shuey or whatever JV RP we throw in the pen. Also, Bradford is getting a little older, so Joe Smith could be handed the submarine torch in a few years.

I wouldn't mind having 2 3.34 ERA guys in the pen, and even if the league gets used to them both, its still better than having Paul Shuey or whatever JV RP we throw in the pen. Also, Bradford is getting a little older, so Joe Smith could be handed the submarine torch in a few years.

My problem with having both Bradford & Smith in the same pen is that they both get murdered by left-handers.

I like Chad, but I have no problem with dealing him.

Just making the points that:

a) he and Smith don't make sense in the same pen

b) I don't think the Mets are interested in "The Bradford Years Part 2"

a)I dont see what's wrong with them both being in the pen. Maybe if we already had a good pen we shouldn't get him, but we don't, so for right now the most important thing is effectiveness, and if that means similar pitchers, then so be it.

b) I agree the Mets don't want ChadBrad back, but maybe another team could use him. Maybe the Phils?

a)I dont see what's wrong with them both being in the pen. Maybe if we already had a good pen we shouldn't get him, but we don't, so for right now the most important thing is effectiveness, and if that means similar pitchers, then so be it.

Career vs. RH

Bradford = .238/.277/.301 (.578 OPS)

Smith = .266/.361/.359 (.720 OPS)

Career vs. LH

Bradford = .311/.403/.447 (.850 OPS)

Smith = .298/.411/447 (.858 OPS)

Both of these guys -to coin a term- are essentially ROOGies.

To have two righties that can't get lefties out in the same bullpen would be roster mismanagement of the likes that we're trying to cleanse the organization of.

Archived