Talks with Mets pick back up

bigbird

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't the Mets are a good match for Bedard...They lack that true young pitcher we need back IMO.

They are a good match for anyone else on the team, just not Bedard.

If you trade Bedard, it needs to be to the Dodgers.

Let's not forget one of our insiders has said the Orioles are really happy with the lower minors depth of pitching, so pitching doesn't necessarily have to be a priority in a Bedard trade. Our system is lacking in quality position players so if we can get two OFers back from the Mets plus Pelfrey and Humber it's a good trade. While those two pitchers aren't the prospect Kershaw is, they are still top pitching prospects. The OFers however would be the key to the trade.

Everyone says we need to deal with the Dodgers which I agree with. The problem is that they may not offer the guys we want back for Bedard. In that case we need to see what the Mets would truly give us because they're probably more desperate and willing to overpay for Bedard than the Dodgers.

Not a question of what NYM needs, it's a question of what we need back.

We can't trade with the Dodgers if they don't need what we have. Would you rather extend Bedard than trade with the Mets? With the Mets we would have to get more back in terms of quantity.

Let's not forget one of our insiders has said the Orioles are really happy with the lower minors depth of pitching
That's fine but none of them are sure things.
so pitching doesn't necessarily have to be a priority in a Bedard trade
Well the Mets don't have the "sure thing" position players either....Milledge is close but he has a lot of off field issues you have to worry about.
they are still top pitching prospects
By ratings yes...But numbers and age, I am not so sure.

I don't think the Mets are a good match for Bedard...They lack that top true young pitcher we need back IMO.

How about Seattle?

Does SG really project Penn as a top of the rotation starter? Haven't seen him say that. I don't think Liz or Pelfrey will be starters down the road but I think Liz has a better chance to be a dominant reliever. I think Penn & Humber are probably very similar pitchers. Right now, I say a ceiling of a #3 starter for both. Penn actually had better AAA numbers.
I'm pretty sure he projects Penn higher tha a #3 I would rate a #3 at best. Any way Humber and Pelfry shouls be pretty good return along with Heilman and Gomez and Martinez. I wouldn't be interested in Milledge so much. The jury is still out on weither he can be an impact player, but his head problems would only get worse if he is forced to play on a smaller stage like B'more.

I don't think the Mets are a good match for Bedard...They lack that top true young pitcher we need back IMO.

I imagine that you are not so stubborn to believe this bolded part is the ONLY option.

Knowing you, you'd accept a deal elsewhere pending our return. I realize the fascination w/LAD for obvious reasons, but Seattle, NYY, Boston and a few other would likely make sense with the right package.

Would you accept Seattle's offer of Adam Jones/Brandon Morrow/Carlos Triunfel? I believe you would.

The Dodgers' deal of Kershaw/LaRoche/Hu is one that both of us, as well as many others would be elated with, but their are other potential options that we'd be happy with as well. :)

I would pay $100 right now to get the truth from the Dodgers' brass on their interest in Bedard and who they'd be willing to deal. :D

Archived