Talks with Mets pick back up

bigbird

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe if we include Tejada....

Tejada, Hernandez and Bedard for Reyes, Gomez/Milledge, Martinez and Pelfrey/Humber. Now that would be a blockbuster! However, I think the Mets fans would storm Shea Stadium with pitchforks if Minaya traded Reyes, so that would never happen...

Tejada, Hernandez and Bedard for Reyes, Gomez/Milledge, Martinez and Pelfrey/Humber. Now that would be a blockbuster! However, I think the Mets fans would storm Shea Stadium with pitchforks if Minaya traded Reyes, so that would never happen...

I'd like to get Wright instead of Reyes, but either would be great. I doubt they'd move either though.

I'll have some of what you're smoking. Jones hasn't done anything in the majors, YET. Morrow has just proven that he can be a mediocre setup guy who throws hard with little control. Kemp has already proven to be a top offensive player on the rise. Kershaw projects as a starter which is more than I can say for Brandon Morrow at this point.

I agree that if Kershaw reaches his potential, the LAD deal would be WAY better.

I'm not sayiing the Mets have the best prospects, but their prospects are definitely getting sold short in this thread.

Agreed.

People are all gaga over Clayton Kershaw (and rightly so)... well Fernando Martinez is the hitting equivalent of Kershaw... incredibly young for his level, with enormous ceiling.

Equating Kemp and Milledge is perfectly reasonable too.

I'd be very surprised to see the Mets trade both Milledge and Martinez, but that's an offer that's right there with Kershaw and Kemp.

Agreed.

People are all gaga over Clayton Kershaw (and rightly so)... well Fernando Martinez is the hitting equivalent of Kershaw... incredibly young for his level, with enormous ceiling.

Equating Kemp and Milledge is perfectly reasonable too.

I'd be very surprised to see the Mets trade both Milledge and Martinez, but that's an offer that's right there with Kershaw and Kemp.

Bedard, Hernandez

for

Martinez, Milledge, Pelfrey, Humber

????

Archived