Talks with Mets pick back up

bigbird

Again, not saying it's being offered, but do you think a Jones/Morrow deal is even in the same ballpark as a Kemp/Kershaw deal? I don't.

First I personally think that Jones, Morrow, Balantien is similar to Kemp, Kershaw and Lu.

Second i would like the dodger deal, however i think they are the front runners to add Miguel Cabrera and would send some of the prospects we desire. I believe that Seattle is a team that is looking for a frontline starter and has some great prospects that we could use.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted by El Gordo

So a potential set up guy/closer as Liz seems to be projected and a top of the rotation SP as SG seems to value Penn?

Originally Posted by RZNJ

Does SG really project Penn as a top of the rotation starter? Haven't seen him say that.

When I read this, I thought I must have missed something... So I checked the Orioles Official Website and realized that I was wrong.:eek: Now your posts make soooo much more sense. :rolleyes:

Orioles Front Office Directory

Executive Management

Peter Angelos Chairman of the Board/Chief Executive Officer

Tom Clancy Vice Chairman of Community Projects & Public Affairs

John P. Angelos Executive Vice President

Business/Administration

Robert Ames Vice President and Chief Financial Officer

Lou Kousouris Vice President/Special Liaison to the Chairman

Baseball Operations

Andy MacPhail President of Baseball Operations

Mike Flanagan Executive Vice President, Baseball Operations

Scott Proefrock Assistant G.M./Director, Baseball Administration

John Stockstill Assistant G.M./Director, Professional, Major League and

International Scouting

Player Development/Scouting

David Stockstill Assistant G.M./Director, Minor League Operations

Rob Shields Director of Scouting

Unbelievable!!!

Is it a premature conclusion that if we're discussing Bedard with the Mets, that our attempt to extend Bedard first before shopping him, has not proven successful or encouraging?

It has never been a given that the Orioles would definitely get a turndown from Bedard before they shopped him.

They are not obligated to make them an offer nor to wait for his rejection.

It has never been a given that the Orioles would definitely get a turndown from Bedard before they shopped him.

They are not obligated to make them an offer nor to wait for his rejection.

True. I thought last word on the street though was that they were going to talk an extension, and probably not deal him this offseason. My curiosity is whether the Orioles have more reason to believe he will not sign an extension.

Maybe if we include Tejada....

Maybe... But I still say it's highly doubtful.

This one just came in from Tim. Dominican sports website Impacto Deportivo is reporting that the Mets and Luis Castillo have agreed to a four-year deal worth $25 million. They say to expect an official announcement shortly.

I got the summary from Tim. If anyone could head to the website and translate, it would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and just because it's the same thing as we've been hearing since yesterday and I didn't want to give it another post, Glavine's agent is saying that his client and the Braves are "maybe one or two phone calls away" from a deal.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

http://www.impactodeportivo.com.do/

That should pretty much stop all of the B-Rob to the Mets rumors.

Archived