Are you considering voting with your feet?

Frobby

Last year was the first I didn't take my family or even go myself to a game. I am thinking how do I explain to a 10, 8, and 4 year old why we aren't going to see the team I love and they have grown up rooting for? They don't understand greedy. They don't understand that their team they root for isn't built for winning. It has me so distraught that something that is suppose to be a break from reality is causing me more anger and stress than my regular life. Just when you think it cannot get any worse. I feel like a direhard Raiders fan (we are Raven's fans thankfully they are built to try and win), but they all finally have hope now for the first time in a decade.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had two 29 game plans up until we got our Ravens PSL's in '96. Then had to cut back to two 13 game plans so that we could afford both. During the mid 00's, we dropped the 13 game plans, but still went to a number of games during the year. Now, I get to one or two, but watch nearly every game on TV. It's just not worth it to me to spend the time or money to actually go to games. Especially when at least half are cheering for the other team.

Yeah, but I can't help that. That money is in Peter's pocket whether I buy them or not.

I enjoy going to OPACY too much to give it up completely.

Which goes back to my point that buying the tickets puts money in Pete's vault regardless of how you buy them. The fact that you aren't directly paying Angelos by using Stubhub makes no difference. If it makes you feel better somehow, well....

ETA

1997 3,711,132

1998 3,684,650

1999 3,433,150

2000 3,297,031

2001 3,094,841

2002 2,682,439

2003 2,454,523

2004 2,744,018

2005 2,624,740

2006 2,153,139

2007 2,164,822

2008 1,950,075

2009 1,907,163

2010 1,733,018

2011 1,746,111

Message already sent, loud and clear. Angelos hasn't blinked.

That's the thing...me not going to a game has NO impact on Peter Angelos. Me not going to a game effects only one person, ME (unless you include my wife and girls). As much as Angelos bothers me, and as frustrated as this team makes me, and as PISSED as I am at this very moment and at many moments during the season, the fact remains I love baseball, and I love the Baltimore Orioles, and not going to games or not watching on TV hurts only me!

This is kind've where I'm at. I've had a 13 game plan in left field for 4 or 5 years now. 2nd row, great seats! Angelos is a scum bag and I hate what he's done to this franchise and this latest incident just provides more fuel for the fire and as much as I want to stick it to him and give up my tickets I'll probably still keep them! I love the Orioles and going to the games too much to give em up and that's the thing that drives me crazy. Angelos has done absolutely nothing at all to give me reason to keep going to games but I still go.

Which goes back to my point that buying the tickets puts money in Pete's vault regardless of how you buy them. The fact that you aren't directly paying Angelos by using Stubhub makes no difference. If it makes you feel better somehow, well....

I don't get your logic. If I buy 6 games from Peter, the Stubhub guy has still spent his money already. Buying from Stubhub guy instead of Peter is lowering the paid attendance by 6 tickets. The only way your logic works is if Stubhub guy doesn't buy his tickets because he's worried he won't be able to lay off his extras on some guy like me.

I don't get your logic. If I buy 6 games from Peter, the Stubhub guy has still spent his money already. Buying from Stubhub guy instead of Peter is lowering the paid attendance by 6 tickets. The only way your logic works is if Stubhub guy doesn't buy his tickets because he's worried he won't be able to lay off his extras on some guy like me.
The Stubhub guy's tickets are already counted toward paid attendance when he bought the tickets for resale.

I've had a share of a season ticket plan since OPACY first opened. By now, they are really good seats, only 13 rows directly behind 1B. And I've hesitated to give them up because if the team was ever good again, it would be hard to get seats that good.

But I think I've about had it. I think this has reached the point where I need to send Peter Angelos a message in the only way that means anything.

Anyone else mulling this over?

Actually, I am looking forward to next season. The GM thing doesn't matter that much. Buck will acquire the players to make the team better. Matt can run the front office. I look at the players the O's have accumulated and I think their is a good chance for the O's to be much better.

Wieters, Nick, Jones and Hardy all play GG caliber defense. That is the way it used to be in the old days for the O's. This team can hit. Roberts probably comes back. I am think for 50 games but it might be more. Andino is probably a better 2B then Roberts at this point. Buck will acquire a better backup catcher which probably means Wieters not only get more rest he could turn into the clean up hitter.

The pitching was the problem last year. But Matusz, Britton, Arrieta, Hunter, will be better with more innings. I think they will mature. The pen looks like it will be much better, It like the young guys.

I am optimistic about Buck getting Koji back and the O's adding a pitcher from the Far East. I like that the farm system is getting more latin players. Inspite of what people say about MacPhail he really improved the team. Too bad he couldn't stay to see it come together.

The players at Bowie and Frederick will move up to AAA and AAA, That should improve the depth.

Buck will find ways to improve the team. I think the result will be better. I can't speak to you giving up season tickets. I did that four years ago when the O's decided to rebuild. Tickets are really not that big a problem to get and probably will not be for several more seasons.

Actually, I am looking forward to next season. The GM thing doesn't matter that much. Buck will acquire the players to make the team better. Matt can run the front office. I look at the players the O's have accumulated and I think their is a good chance for the O's to be much better.

Wieters, Nick, Jones and Hardy all play GG caliber defense. That is the way it used to be in the old days for the O's. This team can hit. Roberts probably comes back. I am think for 50 games but it might be more. Andino is probably a better 2B then Roberts at this point. Buck will acquire a better backup catcher which probably means Wieters not only get more rest he could turn into the clean up hitter.

The pitching was the problem last year. But Matusz, Britton, Arrieta, Hunter, will be better with more innings. I think they will mature. The pen looks like it will be much better, It like the young guys.

I am optimistic about Buck getting Koji back and the O's adding a pitcher from the Far East. I like that the farm system is getting more latin players. Inspite of what people say about MacPhail he really improved the team. Too bad he couldn't stay to see it come together.

The players at Bowie and Frederick will move up to AAA and AAA, That should improve the depth.

Buck will find ways to improve the team. I think the result will be better. I can't speak to you giving up season tickets. I did that four years ago when the O's decided to rebuild. Tickets are really not that big a problem to get and probably will not be for several more seasons.

Trea, is that you?

Just kidding ;)

The Stubhub guy's tickets are already counted toward paid attendance when he bought the tickets for resale.

If Stubhub guy buys an 81 game plan and then I go buy 6 tickets from Peter, paid attendance is 87. If Stubhub guy buys an 81 game plan and then I buy 6 tickets from him, paid attendance is 81. If Stubhub guy buys an 81-game plan and I stay home, paid attendance is still 81. What am I missing?

Which goes back to my point that buying the tickets puts money in Pete's vault regardless of how you buy them. The fact that you aren't directly paying Angelos by using Stubhub makes no difference.

Actually, it does make a difference. Angelos already has the revenue from the ticket. There's no taking that from him. If you go on and buy it from Stubhub instead of paying for a ticket at the gate, then that is money that doesn't get to Angelos. In effect, only one ticket is paid for rather than two.

Blah, blah, blah.

I'll come see you when the Orioles are 36-68 in August.

Archived