Connolly: Cuddyer near top of list for Orioles

Sports Guy

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is hard for me to get a handle on Cuddyer's value. BB-ref has his defense very poor the last few years, but when I have seen him play, he seems very solid. He has some versatility, as well. So, I don't necessarily buy into the accuracy of rWAR for him. Do you think he'd get more than 3/$30 mm?

Edit -- I see SG thinks it would take at least 4 years to get him. I'm not sure if that's true, and I wouldn't do it.

It is hard for me to get a handle on Cuddyer's value. BB-ref has his defense very poor the last few years, but when I have seen him play, he seems very solid. He has some versatility, as well. So, I don't necessarily buy into the accuracy of rWAR for him. Do you think he'd get more than 3/$30 mm?

Edit -- I see SG thinks it would take at least 4 years to get him. I'm not sure if that's true, and I wouldn't do it.

I think he gets 3 years from a real team.

To be quite honest, I don't really care what the Orioles do on offense to improve. I'd like to look at the likes of Grady Sizemore, Martin Prado, and others, but I would be okay with Cuddyer. My only problem is if this prevents the Orioles from acquiring pitching. That's where the attention should be.

If Cuddyer is used to fill a hole created in a trade for a good starter, then I'm all for it!

In another thread I said something like I'd be cool with him if he was signed to a 2/15, maybe even a 2/20 deal to be a four corners utility player.

Hold on, I just checked, and found out he's a Type A. So unless they revamp the compensation rules right this very minute, the O's lose their second rounder for signing him.

So... it's really going to take 3-4 years and a draft pick and $30-40M to sign a guy who's been worth less than $30M over his last four peak years. Let's hope this rumor has no legs.

In another thread I said something like I'd be cool with him if he was signed to a 2/15, maybe even a 2/20 deal to be a four corners utility player.

Hold on, I just checked, and found out he's a Type A. So unless they revamp the compensation rules right this very minute, the O's lose their second rounder for signing him.

So... it's really going to take 3-4 years and a draft pick and $30-40M to sign a guy who's been worth less than $30M over his last four peak years. Let's hope this rumor has no legs.

Yeah, I'm praying Philly snaps him up.

Hold on, I just checked, and found out he's a Type A. So unless they revamp the compensation rules right this very minute, the O's lose their second rounder for signing him. So... it's really going to take 3-4 years and a draft pick and $30-40M to sign a guy who's been worth less than $30M over his last four peak years. Let's hope this rumor has no legs.

Only if Cuddyer is offered arbitration. Based on reports that the Twins need to trim $10-15 mm off payroll, I'm not sure that's happening.

Archived