Fielder to O's "just isn't going to happen"

.500_OR_BETTER

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How and why is this thread still going?

This will keep going, and twins of this thread will pop up daily, until the big fella signs somewhere. On one hand I wish he'd go somewhere and get it over with. Or the other hand, this has been a fairly boring offseason so far, and as long as he is out there, there is a chance, albeit smaller than a flee's penis, that we may get him!

This will keep going, and twins of this thread will pop up daily, until the big fella signs somewhere. On one hand I wish he'd go somewhere and get it over with. Or the other hand, this has been a fairly boring offseason so far, and as long as he is out there, there is a chance, albeit smaller than a flee's penis, that we may get him!

The guy from the Red Hot Chili Peppers?

The Cubs are rebuilding so they are likely out. The Brewers can't afford him.

Right now the Jays (at 5 years), Nationals, Orioles and Mariners appear to be the market.

If Fielder goes to the Nats or Jays, it hurts the Orioles. The question is how much does Peter Angelos want to avoid that happening. He didn't seem to care about Tex going to the Yankees so he may not care about the Jays, but what about Fielder to the Nats?

Could PGA stomach losing even more attendance to the Nats? And then as a double whammy he could lose share to the Nats for MASN as well.

I dont' see how Fielder going to the Jays hurts the Orioles. Maybe the Jays will get really good and then a lot of Jays fans will show up OPACY. Angelos would love that.

Meh, then we will just move onto Votto. The bottom-line is, until we get a .900+ OPS 1Bman, this will never end. I'm thoroughly convinced the Orioles could have a super-star 1B with replacement-level players at the other 24 slots and he'd be happy.

The Orioles have had the worst value from 1B since 1999.

It's a huge issue that hasn't been solved and a common theme in the losing streak along with the owner himself.

The Orioles have had 10.6 fWAR in 13 years at the position. The next lowest performance in that time period is the Pirates with 23.4 - more than double what the Orioles have recieved. That's freaking pathetic.

First base need to be fixed. It should be a priority.

No other position has had that much pathetic performance for the Orioles for such a long time period, none.

The Orioles can't keep running out sub 3.0 fWAR performers out there and expect to win anything.

They've passed and passed and passed on talent again and again and again at 1B and there has been no premium 1B draft picks that have been picked in our system.

The cycle has to stop.

The Yankees aren't bidding on Fielder and the Red Sox aren't bidding on Fielder, so the "big boys" excuse doesn't fly IMO.

The "big boys" are the Seattle Mariners, Toronto Blue Jays and Washington Nationals. And if we can't compete with them financially, then they need to fold up shop and just contract the damn team.

So if I continue to harp on first base over and over and over again, you'll see there's a pretty darn good reason.

The Orioles have had the worst value from 1B since 1999.

It's a huge issue that hasn't been solved and a common theme in the losing streak along with the owner himself.

The Orioles have had 10.6 fWAR in 13 years at the position. The next lowest performance in that time period is the Pirates with 23.4 more than double what the Orioles have recieved.

First base need to be fixed. It should be a priority.

No other position has had that much pathetic performance for the Orioles for such a long time period, none.

The Orioles can't keep running out sub 3.0 fWAR performers out there and expect to win anything.

They've passed and passed and passed on talent again and again and again at 1B and there has been no premium 1B draft picks that have been picked in our system.

The cycle has to stop.

The Yankees aren't bidding on Fielder and the Red Sox aren't bidding on Fielder, so the "big boys" excuse doesn't fly IMO.

The "big boys" are the Seattle Mariners, Toronto Blue Jays and Washington Nationals.

And if we can't compete with them financially, then they need to fold up shop and just contract the damn team.

How do they rank at other positions?

So if I continue to harp on first base over and over and over again, you'll see there's a pretty darn good reason.

Yea but, overpaying for a 1B won't make us good. Not even close. We need to improve in countless other areas before paying big bucks for a 1B is a good idea.

BTW, I'm not nearly as opposed to signing Fielder as most are on here, simply because it would be fun to watch him on a nightly basis.

Yea but, overpaying for a 1B won't make us good. Not even close. We need to improve in countless other areas before paying big bucks for a 1B is a good idea.

BTW, I'm not nearly as opposed to signing Fielder as most are on here, simply because it would be fun to watch him on a nightly basis.

Yes, because we are simply not ready to contend over the next few years means we should just let an MVP ALL-STAR First baseman walk to another team.... makes sense.

Archived