Edwin Jackson: Interested?

SilentJames

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you can get him for peanuts it's worth a gamble. Getting Jackson otoh is a must if you can do it for 4/48.

I agree, I would love to see us sign Jackson and trade for Burnett. Then I would trade Guts and Jones and try to land Cespedes.

Have you seen Burnett pitch? He has not been very good in quite some time. imo

I have, and I am willing to take the gamble if the price is right. He should be had for peanuts. He is exactly the type of pitcher we should be looking for at this time, given our apparent financial constraints. Adding he and Jackson would, IMHO, significantly strengthen our rotation and remove a lot of question marks going into the season.

Regardless if we have AJ or not, you would still see all three pitch significant innings barring injury. In any season, you can expect to see at least 9-10 different pitchers start a game. These three would be in the middle of the rotation heap - with Wada and likely Matusz toward the back end.

I agree, but I'd still rather watch Arrieta, Britton, or even Hunter pitch than AJ.

I think the smart move right now is to sign Edwin Jackson to up to a 4/44 deal, then sign Jorge Soler and get him in the minor league system. A lot of the "experts" think Soler has a higher upside than Cespedes. Keep Jones, trade Guthrie if the return is good enough.

It also would not break my heart to swing a trade for Koji and Feldman, especially if Guthrie gets traded. Make Texas take Goggles in the deal along with a guy like Berken. Just my two cents.

I have, and I am willing to take the gamble if the price is right. He should be had for peanuts. He is exactly the type of pitcher we should be looking for at this time, given our apparent financial constraints. Adding he and Jackson would, IMHO, significantly strengthen our rotation and remove a lot of question marks going into the season.
His contract is almost double what you would pay per year for EJax. Plus the trade piece and how is that peanuts? If you add both that's 25M to a payroll that is already near 80M now.

Archived