#Orioles and #Braves are making progress on an Adam Jones deal. Hearing Jurrjens is involved

Greg

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This makes the Crisp signing make sense. I would love this move. Jones is overrated and will probably never put up an OBP over .325 his entire career, and the Orioles desperately need starting pitching.

You should look at JJ's numbers. Good up until the last two years and he kind of faltered. The Braves being so open about dealing him gives me a red flag because they know what they are doing when it comes to pitchers. I would want a top pitching prospect and another high level prospect that isn't a pitcher. Maybe JJ, Delgado and Simmons/Salcedo. Something like that would make sense. If JJ performs well than he could bring a ton to the team if he was dealt at a later date.

My thoughts are pretty much:

1. Any trade involving Jones elicits mixed emotions from me, because I love the guy.

2. I'm nervous about Duquette's blockbuster-trade ability, only because we haven't seen it yet.

3. There better another top pitching prospect.

4. Pitching, pitching, pitching, pitching.

5. EDIT: And yeah, what clapdiddy said about the Braves.

Anxiety.

Me too, I really like Jones, but I will be ticked if the deal is JJ plus a few throw ins. JJ is not Adam Jones good and we shouldn't be dealing Jones for JJ straight up based on where we are right now and what Jones means to our fans.

You should look at JJ's numbers. Good up until the last two years and he kind of faltered. The Braves being so open about dealing him gives me a red flag because they know what they are doing when it comes to pitchers. I would want a top pitching prospect and another high level prospect that isn't a pitcher. Maybe JJ, Delgado and Simmons/Salcedo. Something like that would make sense. If JJ performs well than he could bring a ton to the team if he was dealt at a later date.

I think you could also say they are so open to trading him because they are absolutely stacked with starting pitching. Hudson for at least another 2 years, Beachy, Hanson, Minor, Delgado, Teheran, etc. They are loaded with starting pitching talent.

I am glad that they are apparently strongly considering dealing Jones.

I will not be glad if it's for Jurrjens. Not so much because of my opinion on him specifically, but because they should not be dealing one guy with 4 years of service for another. They should be dealing Jones for a package of good to great prospects or players with 4+ years of service time remaining.

I am glad that they are apparently strongly considering dealing Jones.

I will not be glad if it's for Jurrjens. Not so much because of my opinion on him specifically, but because they should not be dealing one guy with 4 years of service for another. They should be dealing Jones for a package of good to great prospects or players with 4+ years of service time remaining.

It really depends on the prospect for me, though I don't like that a lot of the value in the trade is being soaked up by JJ.

Out of curiosity, who would this be in the Braves system.. pitching-wise? Are Teharan/Delgado/Vizciano all pitchers?

Yes. Delgado started 4-5 games for Atlanta last year. I saw two of them including 6 no-hit innings on one start. IMO he needs a little more development. A lot of people think he's #3 behind Teheran and Vizciano who are both still minor leaguers. Then there's Beachy/Hanson/Minor who're already at the ML level. It's no wonder their dealing Jurrjens, but if we're trading Jones to Atlanta, I would go for one of the three guys still in the minors as the centerpiece.

Archived