Update on Jones to the Braves for Jurrjens, Prado, Plus

Roll Tide

No not neccessarily. The key is finding that pitching for cheap like the Yankees did with Freddy Garcia.

You already have Guthrie and Britton that will give you 2.0+ fWAR. So then you need to find three more. Wada could be one. Eveland could surprise as well.

There are plenty of SP candidates out there. EJax is going to have to sign for less than he wants and if you can get him for 11 million for 3 years, you've got 3.0+ fWAR potential right there. Gavin Floyd is another 3.0+ fWAR pitcher that we can get in a salary dump.

You don't have to spend huge dollar amounts on pitching to get results. You just have to have the scouting in place to know that this guy is going to rebound or continue to be solid.

Jones does not have to be traded to get the pitching we need as there is plenty of opportunity to improve the staff with what is out there.

No offense but I'm ignoring EVERY one of your arguments. Yes... maybe as you say we can get all those pitchers for that amount... It's still 25-30 mill and Prince like a cherry on top. It's. Just. Not. Happening.

Come back to reality, or storm off the board. Your choice...

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No offense but I'm ignoring EVERY one of your arguments. Yes... maybe as you say we can get all those pitchers for that amount... It's still 25-30 mill and Prince like a cherry on top. It's. Just. Not. Happening.

Come back to reality, or storm off the board. Your choice...

The Floyd trade and Jackson signing make sense if we could somehow shed Roberts' and Gregg's salaries. Couple that with a decent season from Markakis and you're looking at a .500 + team for a reasonable price.

B][/b][/i]Braves GM Frank Wren told MLB.com's Mark Bowman that he feels both Jair Jurrjens and Martin Prado will be with the team at the start of Spring Training. They still have interest in Adam Jones and could continue to pursue the outfielder if the Orioles lower their demands.[/b

Here is the latest from the Braves. These negotiations have probably held up other things the O's are considering.

B][/b][/i]Braves GM Frank Wren told MLB.com's Mark Bowman that he feels both Jair Jurrjens and Martin Prado will be with the team at the start of Spring Training. They still have interest in Adam Jones and could continue to pursue the outfielder if the Orioles lower their demands.[/b

Here is the latest from the Braves. These negotiations have probably held up other things the O's are considering.

I would say this is a fact. Free agent pitchers and other things. I don't think the O's can wait for ST to put the team together,

Hearing the same things as everyone else. Saunders,Chen,Maholm. May go after a risk like Harden.

And if you get two of those guys, you don't have to deal Jones at all.

The Orioles need to move on from the Braves and just concentrate on acquiring pitching to bolster the rotation without dealing Jones.

Archived