According to Jones...

andrewrickli

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ha. Maybe he'll decide by then...

It seems to me that everything is clogged up right now waiting on the Yu Darvish domino to fall. I don't think we'll see much action on any of the significant remaining free agents until after we know whether Texas is in or out on further spending this offseason.

It seems to me that everything is clogged up right now waiting on the Yu Darvish domino to fall. I don't think we'll see much action on any of the significant remaining free agents until after we know whether Texas is in or out on further spending this offseason.

I wonder if ATL is waiting to trade Jurrjens +, to see if TEX gets Darvish or not...hmm.

As for Fielder this came from MLBTR and MASN from Roch:

Executive vice president of baseball operations Dan Duquette told Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com he wants to improve the Orioles' "on-base capability from top to bottom." Duquette isn't sure he currently has a .380 OBP guy, and isn't sure if his second baseman is currently on the roster.

I wonder if ATL is waiting to trade Jurrjens +, to see if TEX gets Darvish or not...hmm.

What difference would it make to them to wait? Have to be a pretty big butterfly effect for Atlanta to be impacted in any sort of way unless I'm missing something

I've gotta tell you, if this ATL deal goes down something like Jones and Andino for Jurrjens, Prado, Minor, + and we sign Fielder, and Jackson, this offseason will be one of the best ones in a long time...

That's an understatement. It would be the best off season since opacy opened. I don't see the O's signing Jackson though. Too many years.

What difference would it make to them to wait? Have to be a pretty big butterfly effect for Atlanta to be impacted in any sort of way unless I'm missing something

Because, if Darvish doesnt sign, TEX could be in on Jurrjens as well, raising his price. Right now, all I see is the Orioles that match up with ATL. TEX has some talented OF'ers as well...

I've always been one that believes if Jones gets traded it increases our chances of going all in for Fielder. If you consider our GM is all about OBP, and Jones is going to require hefty money to sign an extension, why not allocate those funds for an on base machine like Fielder.

In center you go with a cheaper defensive minded player and maybe the whole thing works in our budget. Not to mention you may get some long term pieces that may help in the future with the Jones trade.

I have been sceptical this whole off season but I just have to believe something big is in the works. There is no way the O's can try to sell this 25 man roster as an improved product. This whole lack of movement with anything tells me one domino needs to fall and then things may get interesting. Atleast I try to convince myself of this, I guess we will see.

If Texas didn't sign Darvish wouldn't they then seek a trade for Jurrjens?

Archived