Orioles have agreed to terms, pending physical, with INF Wilson Betemit

Greg

Is Betemit instantly our starting 2B? Does Andino slot into the UT role? Are we shopping Andino?

What does this mean for Flaherty, Antonelli, and gang?

3rd B, but moves Reynolds back to 1st. My bigger concern was slotting the youngins.

I think Davis is our DH moving forward.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually like this move, and good to see Duquette keeping his word about adding OBP guys.

It's refreshing to not hear "We're hoping he has a bounceback season" like MacPhail had ringing in our ears during his whole tenure

He was really inspired by Moneyball:)

He can stand on third base, and hits righties to the tune of .292/.363/.486 from 2009-2011. He's the corner IF backup/righty platoon with Davis.

What this really does, barring injury, is squeeze Flaherty off the roster.

Flaherty kinda stands at bases also. Who knows what will happen by opening day. Nice to have depth.

He can stand on third base, and hits righties to the tune of .292/.363/.486 from 2009-2011. He's the corner IF backup/righty platoon with Davis.

What this really does, barring injury, is squeeze Flaherty off the roster.

I think this is spot on, and that's why I don't like it. Dude had a .391 BABIP last year. He's going to come back to earth and has no long-term upside.

Assuming Reynolds, Davis and Betemit have 3B/1B/DH covered, that leaves a bench with Chavez and Teagarden as locks. If Roberts is injured, Antonelli makes it (I believe he has a ML deal too?). The last spot goes down to Flaherty and Jai Miller in ST.

Bah. Seems like this sure kills any chance at Fielder, not that there was one before I suppose. Is he our DH?

Connolly says no connection: "To answer some ?s on Betemit. Has no connection to Fielder. if Fielder's price falls dramatically, they'll still pursue. Betemit a DH 2"

Archived