Orioles have agreed to terms, pending physical, with INF Wilson Betemit

Greg

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obvious pure speculation but if the team is not going with a 5 man bench (That's what I'm assuming), and Andino was rumored earlier in the year to be in high demand, then I see Andino possibly being included to Atlanta as part of a Jones package to get those prospects we want. The braves could use Andino at SS and the O's get back those stout pitching prospects.

I, for one, would absolutely love for the theme song when he comes to the plate to be Pearl Jam's "Can't Find a Betemit." :cool:

danconnollysun Dan Connolly

Correction on the #Orioles & Wilson Betemit deal. Larger than I first reported. It's a 2yr deal w an option for a third yr. Don't know $ yet

I don't know about a two-year deal, but at first glance I like the signing. He's likely a better DH option than Damon, and he can play first or third so if Davis doesn't develop or Reynolds struggles with his fielding again he can slide into either spot. He's basically a 20-homer guy over a full season, so he'll pop a few up on the flag court and we'll cheer him like we cheered Aubrey Huff for a little while.

Archived