Duke vs Maryland

Brendan25

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We've been agreeing a bit too much of late. :D

I can fix that. Kobe or Lebron in a big game??? Discuss.;)

Sriously though I agree with what both of you have to say for the most part. I'm fine with SG posting in this section. He often brings quality discussion but his dislike for MD comes out in the form of trolling at times.

I can fix that. Kobe or Lebron in a big game??? Discuss.;)

Sriously though I agree with what both of you have to say for the most part. I'm fine with SG posting in this section. He often brings quality discussion but his dislike for MD comes out in the form of trolling at times.

Which is usually in response to ignorant and unintelligent jabs at Duke. Its fine to dislike them....but doing it in a stupid and ignorant way is not going to get a "well received" return conversation.

I don't come on here, unprovoked, and whip your noses in it or anything like that.

Again, I defended MD more than some of the so called MD fans on here.

Which is usually in response to ignorant and unintelligent jabs at Duke. Its fine to dislike them....but doing it in a stupid and ignorant way is not going to get a "well received" return conversation.

I don't come on here, unprovoked, and whip your noses in it or anything like that.

Uh yeah. This is a MARYLAND oriented board. There's gonna be some unintelligent jabs at Duke. You really thought that no one would express their pure Duke hate on this board? We're allowed. And you'd be lying if you said that you've never made some kind of unintelligent jab at the Yankees or Red Sox. Every team jabs their rivals, get over it.

Uh yeah. This is a MARYLAND oriented board. There's gonna be some unintelligent jabs at Duke. You really thought that no one would express their pure Duke hate on this board? We're allowed. And you'd be lying if you said that you've never made some kind of unintelligent jab at the Yankees or Red Sox. Every team jabs their rivals, get over it.

Oh, I'm over it...I just don't want to hear the crying when I return the favor.

If you can dish it, learn how to take it...If you can't, sit quietly.

I'd have to agree that I've rarely seen SG come on here and say anything snarky or negative about the Terps basketball program. He's much tougher on the Orioles.

I find it interesting that Maryland fans hate Duke so much more than Carolina, but I guess it's because I'm older and remember how many times Dean Smith's teams frustrated Maryland back in the '70's. All-time, UNC holds a 115-57 lead on the Terps, and during Smith's tenure it was 62-21. I guess it's just never been quite the same since Smith retired.

I'd have to agree that I've rarely seen SG come on here and say anything snarky or negative about the Terps basketball program. He's much tougher on the Orioles.

I find it interesting that Maryland fans hate Duke so much more than Carolina, but I guess it's because I'm older and remember how many times Dean Smith's teams frustrated Maryland back in the '70's. All-time, UNC holds a 115-57 lead on the Terps, and during Smith's tenure it was 62-21. I guess it's just never been quite the same since Smith retired.

See post #123 in this thread, back on page 9. I mentioned an old Lefty quote.

I think you may be on to something regarding Coach Smith. Obviously Dean was always the guy that everyone wanted to beat, including Coach K. I assume you (Frobby) remembers when K stood up to him in '84, and the famous "If I ever act like him, please shoot me" line.

Now Coach K has had the most success, so everyone wants to beat him. Nobody cared when he was 38-47 after his first three seasons in Durham, and assumed he'd get fired after the '83 ACC tourney game where they lost by 50. Everyone assumed that it'd be Valvano vs. Dean for ACC supremacy into the next century. Crazy how it all turned out..

The MD fans need to be better and the MD fans have made you dislike MD more than UNC was not provoked. At least not enough to warrant a response from a Duke fan given this is a Terps forum. And that's regardless of whether the points are valid or not.

Oh, I'm over it...I just don't want to hear the crying when I return the favor.

If you can dish it, learn how to take it...If you can't, sit quietly.

You apparently just don't get it. No one wants to hear a bandwagon Duke fan "return the favor" on a Terp forum. Like he said, Terps fans should be able to say whatever they want about Duke on a MD forum without having to deal with some Duke fan responding with a vengeance. Just like Ravens fans don't want to hear from a Steeler fan talking trash on the Ravens forum.

You apparently just don't get it. No one wants to hear a bandwagon Duke fan "return the favor" on a Terp forum. Like he said, Terps fans should be able to say whatever they want about Duke on a MD forum without having to deal with some Duke fan responding with a vengeance. Just like Ravens fans don't want to hear from a Steeler fan talking trash on the Ravens forum.

Right, I don't care if he is " King of the OH Posters" he shouldn't expect to come into the MD Basketball section here and troll and "give it back" without being called out on it and generally take heat for it.

I get it...I just don't care.

I get it...I just don't care.

So you wouldn't be annoyed if some Red Sox/Yanks/Steeler fans came around posting (what we consider to be) obnoxious things? It comes with the territory. When you post pro-Duke things in a Md forum, what do you expect? If we went and posted pro-Terp things in a Duke message board, I guarantee we'd get similar treatment. Consider your audience. Obviously the responses aren't always going to be logical and/or "intelligent" as you call them...but it's what fans say about their rivals (especially after a loss).

So you wouldn't be annoyed if some Red Sox/Yanks/Steeler fans came around posting (what we consider to be) obnoxious things? It comes with the territory. When you post pro-Duke things in a Md forum, what do you expect? If we went and posted pro-Terp things in a Duke message board, I guarantee we'd get similar treatment. Consider your audience. Obviously the responses aren't always going to be logical and/or "intelligent" as you call them...but it's what fans say about their rivals (especially after a loss).

I don't mind smack talk. Its the idiotic ramblings of posters like MWeb and their boring diatribes about this that are annoying.

Hell, the smack talk is fun to me. I enjoy that.

Archived