Palmer had some good chuckles on behalf of Tom Davis

paraphrasing...

TD: "I don't use email"

Palmer: "You say that like you're proud of it"

TD: "Made it 64 yrs without sending an email, I don't plan on starting now"

Palmer: >chuckles<

TD: "I talk to people Jim"

Palmer: >chuckles<

Hopefully we don't need to start a Tom Davis quotables thread.

It was fantastic all night. What about this one?

They show a graphic for the mid-atlantic sports report on the screen. Tom Davis talks about it:

Tom: "I love the mid-atlantic sports report, its like 4 old guys sitting around just talking baseball"

Palmer: "It says there are only 3 guys on the show"

Haha. At least I had that to enjoy last night.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Palmer was great last night, as usual just telling it like it is. I still say Davis peaked in the late 80s when he read the out-of-town scores between innings and wandered the stands stealing people's food.

That's about right.

They should let Palmer do play by play and bring McDonald into the booth for the color. I think Palmer could do the PBP pretty well, at least better than Davis.

That's about right.

They should let Palmer do play by play and bring McDonald into the booth for the color. I think Palmer could do the PBP pretty well, at least better than Davis.

Seriously, if there was any time to see how Palmer did with PbP it's when they have to resort to Tom Davis. I think I'd put up with them slapping Demper in for color in that situation, because my god, can you imagine Palmer, controlling the conversations directly as PBP instead of subtle like he usually does, having to deal with Dempsey's inane brand of analysis for 9 innings? GOLD JERRY!

That being said, the fact that he hasn't even tried much makes me think he doesn't want to. Or believes the ex-players job is color.

Seriously, if there was any time to see how Palmer did with PbP it's when they have to resort to Tom Davis. I think I'd put up with them slapping Demper in for color in that situation, because my god, can you imagine Palmer, controlling the conversations directly as PBP instead of subtle like he usually does, having to deal with Dempsey's inane brand of analysis for 9 innings? GOLD JERRY!

That being said, the fact that he hasn't even tried much makes me think he doesn't want to. Or believes the ex-players job is color.

I remember him doing PBP in his early days with CH 13. It didn't last long.

I remember him doing PBP in his early days with CH 13. It didn't last long.

I heard Ken Singleton do it once for the Yankees; not bad, but not great. My impressions could have been formed by listening to him in an unfamiilar context. He's excellent at color.

Palmer was great last night, as usual just telling it like it is. I still say Davis peaked in the late 80s when he read the out-of-town scores between innings and wandered the stands stealing people's food.

Hahaha, could someone start a thread titled, "the time TD stole my food at Memorial Stadium"

Wow. I was gonna post the Cowboys' scouting report exchange.

Hunter: You don't look like John Madden...

Palmer: BOOM!

BUT!

Palmer immediately followed that with this, on umpire Bob Davidson after the bogus swinging strikeout of Machado:

"He's not very good, and he never has been."

Boom, indeed.

EDIT: Heh. I guess everyone had the same idea.

"Woah, you don't like bonus boys, Bob!? What was that?"..."What is he lookin' at? I mean, this is what Bob Davidson, and if you don't know, I mean, and that, and well, it's just a horrible call. He's not a very good umpire, and he never has been, so, I mean, that's, that's well-established, so it's not that he doesn't know...."

Wow. I was gonna post the Cowboys' scouting report exchange.

Hunter: You don't look like John Madden...

Palmer: BOOM!

BUT!

Palmer immediately followed that with this, on umpire Bob Davidson after the bogus swinging strikeout of Machado:

"He's not very good, and he never has been."

Boom, indeed.

EDIT: Heh. I guess everyone had the same idea.

what's sad is, everyone knows and sees that, except for MLB.

Archived