Tommy Hunter Tonight

OFFNY

Hunter better be on a one way ticket to AAA when Britton gets back from his injury. Looking an awful lot like Tillgesen did last year -- one good start every 5 or 6 games, the rest garbage. At least Matusz is showing some consistent improvement.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hunter is beyond awful. I wasn't expecting much from this game outside of a slug fest. But we're getting shut out by a struggling pitcher, and Tommy Hunter is allowing hits to bums like Omar Vizquel.

What a pathetic game and this team is now going to be in a downward spiral. Hunter needed to at least give us something, but 3 innings of 6 run ball? Really setting us up for failure by overusing the pen.

Fuming. This team....

Hunter is beyond awful. I wasn't expecting much from this game outside of a slug fest. But we're getting shut out by a struggling pitcher, and Tommy Hunter is allowing hits to bums like Omar Vizquel.

What a pathetic game and this team is now going to be in a downward spiral. Hunter needed to at least give us something, but 3 innings of 6 run ball? Really setting us up for failure by overusing the pen.

Fuming. This team....

This game had better close the case for sending Hunter to AAA or the pen for good once Britton returns.

Still, there's a scary lack of depth in the starters. I vote for a trade for a decent starter, even after Zach returns for depth. I don't want to see Hunter starting the rest of the year. There's gotta be better pitchers on the market than Hunter, right?

He can't be on the roster after this game, can he?

Hunter optioned. Chavez called up.

For Hunter's spot in the rotation, Avery optioned, Britton called up.

Eveland will be the long man. They're going to try and get Hunter fixed, IMHO. Everything is up. Predictable in his pitch sequences. Behind in the count too often, can't finish anyone off. That's what happens when your fastball command is spotty and everything else is up in the zone.

TOMMY HUNTER O(vs. BLUE JAYS 5/28)

IP:. 3-Plus

H:o 9

R:O 6

ER:)5

BB: 0

SO: 0

Pitches: 69 (45 Strikes, 24 Balls) *

2012 ERA: 5.59

TOMMY BY INNINGS

10 * Hunter did not record an out while pitching in the 4th inning.

Yes, he's in a bad rut, but the Orioles offense is in a much worse rut, not to speak of the season-long rut the defense has been in. Right now, the Orioles can't hit, pitch, or catch the ball. At least we know they are NOT this bad.

Yes, he's in a bad rut, but the Orioles offense is in a much worse rut, not to speak of the season-long rut the defense has been in. Right now, the Orioles can't hit, pitch, or catch the ball. At least we know they are NOT this bad.

Well, the pitching hasn't been horrible. 9 ER in the last 27 IP prior to this game. About a 3.00 ERA.

Now this game? Yes. Defense has been spotty. The offense has been terrible this game and the past 2.

We're playing sloppy ball.

This. 6.

Hunter doesn't have anything. No out pitches. Batters just foul off pitches until they get a meatball down the middle of the plate and they tee off on it. I would say that Hunter could be useful out of the BP but not with the kind of stuff he had last night. That better be his last start in an Oriole uniform.

Archived