Tommy Hunter Tonight

OFFNY

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People get frustrated watching Brian Matusz pitch, and I get that. But, for me, I get more frustrated by Tommy Hunter almost every time he starts. I just have no confidence that when he goes through the lineup a second time it will be without runs being scored. He had a 5-2 lead and gave it all back. That's baseball sometimes, but that doesn't mean I have to like it either.

We got to see if Steve Johnson can give us Tommy's innings. Minus a couple of runs.

Steve Johnson came out of the Tides game yesterday after 2 scoreless innings with a strained groin.

I hope it isn't too serious. He's been coming along nicely at AAA this season after getting rocked when he was promoted up there last year.

I was hoping to see Tommy develop more throwing his curveball and changeup this year. When he has tried they just haven't been effective. It looks like he's back to FB/cutter again and I don't see the change in speeds along with his command issues working very well. That said, until Britton gets back, I'm not sure I see anybody better right now to take his spot. Pretty disappointing start.

Or we can all pray he turns into a half decent starter and then ship him for a B prospect near the deadline, and if he continues to slump, trade him for a C+ prospect. Either way I think he'll be the guy we trade if we trade a starter.

We don't need another Eveland in the bullpen.

We're a slow team. Why on Earth would you double steal against a pitcher who CAN'T throw strikes? And with a team who doesn't have fast base-runners outside of Jones/Avery?

Sloppy base running all around, and with the way Tommy Hunter is pitching...this game is destined for a loss.

Archived