Tommy Hunter Tonight

OFFNY

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not good .... you have to be kidding. Seven K's, one walk...something like 11 or something outs in a row, 91 pitches through 6 innings. And again in my opinion if Nick didn't dive after the ball in the 5th inning the Rangers may have been held to zero or one run instead of two.

Definitely. Also, Hunter had to get a 4th out in his 6th and final inning when Andino blew a ball that was hit right to him. Hunter promptly struck out the next batter to end his night.

I was worried seeing the Orioles go into this doubleheader against the Rangers. If the starters didn't at least go 6 each, the pen would be in sorrid shape heading into the Tampa series. But Chen twirled a gem and Hunter battled. Unless Eveland has a meltdown tonight, and 5 or so relievers are used, I feel good about the health and restedness of the pitchers going into the weekend.

Tommy Hunter is going to get slaughtered. That lineup is going to feast on him.

The score of the game was already 2-0 when you made this post. Hunter pitched an additional 5 innings, giving up 2 more runs. And it would have been 1 more run had Nick not misplayed a ball from a single into a triple.

Shoot, I will take 6 IP and 4 ER from Hunter on most nights, especially when playing the Rangers.

Even then the Rangers got a little fortunate with Napoli's triple.

That dying quail was the definition of hit'em where they ain't.

Even Lindstrom kinda got BABIP'd to death his inning. It was weird to see the Rangers score runs by stringing a ton of grounder singles together like that.

Archived