Tommy Hunter Tonight

OFFNY

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was an extremely disappointing outing, coughing up a 5-run lead and forcing the bullpen to come in during the 5th inning. Even if the O's can win this we won't be set up well for the Texas series. He couldn't get anything down in the 5th at all.
Perfect example of why we need another long man instead of Gregg. Buck could have brought him in even before the bases were loaded if he had a guy who could go 3 innigs.

I have to think that Britton will take Hunter's spot in the rotation when he returns, with Hunter bumping Gregg off of the roster. Hunter is awesome one or two times through the order. Would make an excellent long man.

Echo these sentiments exactly.

Arrieta

Matusz

Britton

Hammel

Chen

Both Hunter and Davis showed today why Texas traded them away for Koji. Both guys have flaws.

I don't think Hunter is a starter in the AL east but he was a good pick up. He'll make a good long man when Britton returns. Davis has been better than expected this year. One bad game doesn't negate what else he's done for us.

RANGERS (5/10) [Game Two]

Ian Kinsler - 2B

Elvis Andrus - SS

Josh Hamilton - CF

Adrian Beltre - DH

Michael Young - 3B

David Murphy - LF

Nelson Cruz - RF

Mike Napoli - C

Mitch Moreland - 1B

http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php

When Mike Napoli is your 8th hole hitter you have a good line up. Good grief. Cmon Tommy give us 6 tonight. I don't even care how many runs you give up. Just don't exit in the 3rd.

Hunter had a great game. It was going to be a quality start if Markakis didn't mess it up. Also, it appeared to me that Holland was getting calls (inside plate to right handed batters) that Hunter was not getting.

To each his own I guess. 6.0 innings and 4 ER looks a lot to me like a 6.0 ERA. Not good, much less great.

Tommy Hunter just doesn't have the stuff to be starting right now. If he's hurt then he needs to go away and get healthy. He has not shown stuff all year so far. I do appreciate that he isn't Kevin Gregg, nibbling around and making excuses. (But) frankly his stuff isn't any better than Gregg's and he's not getting guys out a whole lot more efficiently.

To each his own I guess. 6.0 innings and 4 ER looks a lot to me like a 6.0 ERA. Not good, much less great.

Tommy Hunter just doesn't have the stuff to be starting right now. If he's hurt then he needs to go away and get healthy. He has not shown stuff all year so far. I do appreciate that he isn't Kevin Gregg, nibbling around and making excuses. (But) frankly his stuff isn't any better than Gregg's and he's not getting guys out a whole lot more efficiently.

Not good....you have to be kidding. Seven K's, one walk...something like 11 or something outs in a row, 91 pitches through 6 innings. And again in my opinion if Nick didn't dive after the ball in the 5th inning the Rangers may have been held to zero or one run instead of two.

Archived