Dustin Pedroia - 2B

David Ortiz - DH

Adrian Gonzalez - 1B

Will Middlebrooks - 3B

Jarrod Saltalamacchia - C

Daniel Nava - LF

Marlon Byrd - CF

Che-Hsuan Lin - RF

Hunter gets a bad rap. Hes pitched 5.2 or more innings every time except once. That one time he did, he was going on 7-8 days rest. It wasnt fair to him.

His WHIP is at a very solid 1.3. Hes only walked 3 guys in his last 4 games. His problem is with home runs, but it seems as he gets unlucky because he has a high FB/HR rate. He does need to keep the ball down more, but I like the way he attacks the hitters and is usually good for an efficient night of pitching. Hes not going to implode and get rattled and start walking everyone and force our bullpen into early action.

His stuff isnt anything special and he isnt always pretty to watch, but he gets it done.

Hunter gets a bad rap. Hes pitched 5.2 or more innings every time except once. That one time he did, he was going on 7-8 days rest. It wasnt fair to him.

His WHIP is at a very solid 1.3. Hes only walked 3 guys in his last 4 games. His problem is with home runs, but it seems as he gets unlucky because he has a high FB/HR rate. He does need to keep the ball down more, but I like the way he attacks the hitters and is usually good for an efficient night of pitching. Hes not going to implode and get rattled and start walking everyone and force our bullpen into early action.

His stuff isnt anything special and he isnt always pretty to watch, but he gets it done.

He gets extremely lucky.

Once he gets the 70-75 pitches... forget it. When your fastball is 91 miles an hour at best, you'd better be able to command it and he can't.

100% a relief pitcher.

He pretty efficiently let the Sox back into this one.

I have no beef w/ Tommy - he can be a useful part of the team. He's just not a starter. He doesn't miss bats. And he doesn't command. It's a recipe for disaster: last four starts = 23.1 IP, 16R. That's a 6.26 ERA.

He pretty efficiently let the Sox back into this one.

I have no beef w/ Tommy - he can be a useful part of the team. He's just not a starter. He doesn't miss bats. And he doesn't command. It's a recipe for disaster: last four starts = 23.1 IP, 16R. That's a 6.26 ERA.

I haven't done the homework, but I would have to imagine that his line drive percentage is probably fairly high. Not only does he not miss bats, he hits them rather firmly.

Archived