Cubs after Roberts

birdsfan4ever

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the deal doesn't include Pie, I could see us getting Murton, Wuertz, and Gallagher, which would honestly be a pretty good deal, especially if we can swing another deal that could get us a CF. But yeah, Pie should be the #1 target here.

He said the same thing about Bedard a month or two ago. Trade talks happen every day, situations can change quickly.

Wait, has Bedard been traded? Did I miss something?

I understand that things can change, but this is the golden boy Brian Roberts. Angelos nixed a trade last year because it involved Brian Roberts...

I got to see Hill pitch in Iowa in 2006 vs. the Oklahoma Redhawks when he struck out 14 in 7 innings. When he is on he is deadly! I would love to get Hill. And I feel at this point we owe it to Brian Roberts to send him somewhere where he can win. If it happens you have to wish him luck!

Who would that be?

No clue. Apparently a team that doesn't need BRob or wants a cheaper Hill (or to cash in a quality pitching prospect for Hill) than the SP they have or have a CF need in Pie - assuming these are the Cubs two best trading chips.

I do know that AM better get a pretty good player back if he's dealing BRob!

Detroit just took on a lot of payroll - how about Bonderman? Tigers get Pie.

They wouldn't be looking for Iguchi if they were getting EPat back. Also I doubt Pie is involved he would be regarded as the centerpiece of the trade unless they are trading Hill and that I strongly doubt.

I assume you mean because he wasn't named in the article and if you do mean that, that doesn't mean anything IMO although I would agree that it is curious that he wasn;t named.

However, we know MacPhail likes Pie and no way do they trade BRob to the Cubs without getting Pie UNLESS Hill is coming back IMO although the deal NovaO outlined is fair as well...I just don't see us doing that.

No clue. Apparently a team that doesn't need BRob or wants a cheaper Hill (or to cash in a quality pitching prospect for Hill) than the SP they have or have a CF need in Pie - assuming these are the Cubs two best trading chips.

I do know that AM better get a pretty good player back if he's dealing BRob!

Detroit just took on a lot of payroll - how about Bonderman? Tigers get Pie.

Why would you want Bonderman for BRob? That is a bad deal for us.

Archived