Jeffrey Maier

weams

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy crap... Avery on the track, jumps at the wall to catch Granderson's drive... guy in a Yankees jacket reaches above Avery's glove, snags the ball, HR Granderson.

I haven't seen a side angle yet, but it looks like it was over the wall. Thoughts?

Probably not going to get called back but I have no idea why you don't at least have the umps look at it. MFY fans. :angryfire: And screw YES for of course showing the MF Maier highlight. Almost threw something at the tv.

That angers the heck out of me to watch. If I'm anywhere remotely close to those MFY fan's in the front row...im hopping out of my seat and laying them all out as the ball approaches. I don't care....we better take care of them tonight or this will burn/sting.

It seemed to me the ball was over the wall... Am I wrong?

I agree with you. I'm surprised the O's didn't ask the umps to double-check on the replay, though. The HR call probably would've stood either way, but it's worth a shot.

It seemed to me the ball was over the wall... Am I wrong?

There weren't many angles shown. It was NOT the same trajectory as Jeter's fly ball to Tarasco. Avery was at the wall, and had to jump with his glove well above the wall, but straight up. The fan's glove came just in front of Avery's glove, and caught the ball.

I haven't seen an angle yet from the side, so I don't think you can definitively say that the fan reached onto the field of play.

There weren't many angles shown. It was NOT the same trajectory as Jeter's fly ball to Tarasco. Avery was at the wall, and had to jump with his glove well above the wall, but straight up. The fan's glove came just in front of Avery's glove, and caught the ball.

I haven't seen an angle yet from the side, so I don't think you can definitively say that the fan reached onto the field of play.

Actually, he muffed the catch. The kid two rows behind caught his rebound.

Archived