Schoop and Machado

CanadianOriole

I'm pretty sure I provided examples. Just because you don't agree with them doesn't mean they aren't legitimate.

Link? I don't see anything besides "a bad feeling" based on trades of middling prospects.

There's such a huge difference between trading a Lino and a Schoop that they aren't comparable. I just don't understand where this anxiety is coming from.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Link? I don't see anything besides "a bad feeling" based on trades of middling prospects.

There's such a huge difference between trading a Lino and a Schoop that they aren't comparable. I just don't understand where this anxiety is coming from.

Like I've already said, the previous trades show he may not value our prospects as he should. I'm not up in arms about anything, just a little nervous bc he may be trying to prove himself too much too soon.

I've said it before, but I don't think anyone has issues with trading Lino, or really anyone Duquette has traded. The perception from those who have been opposed to those trades has generally been that the prospects could have been used more effectively as part of trades for more valuable assets.

He hasn't traded one of the five or six "legit" prospects in this system yet, but he's certainly established a track record of valuing minor leaguers lower than most fans who are familiar with said minor leaguers. Which is something he's certainly entitled to do, he's the GM after all. But if that track record holds true for the more highly regarded prospects, it's not entirely unreasonable to be worried that someone like Schoop will get traded for a return that many might see as too little. I don't think we have to worry about Bundy or Machado going anywhere, but I'm not sure about Schoop.

I've said it before, but I don't think anyone has issues with trading Lino, or really anyone Duquette has traded. The perception from those who have been opposed to those trades has generally been that the prospects could have been used more effectively as part of trades for more valuable assets.

He hasn't traded one of the five or six "legit" prospects in this system yet, but he's certainly established a track record of valuing minor leaguers lower than most fans who are familiar with said minor leaguers. Which is something he's certainly entitled to do, he's the GM after all. But if that track record holds true for the more highly regarded prospects, it's not entirely unreasonable to be worried that someone like Schoop will get traded for a return that many might see as too little. I don't think we have to worry about Bundy or Machado going anywhere, but I'm not sure about Schoop.

Pretty much this.

I'll take Duquette's judgment in his limited time here over a fan's judgment. Pure and simple.

Like I've already said, the previous trades show he may not value our prospects as he should.

This is certainly a subjective statement.

I'll take Duquette's judgment in his limited time here over a fan's judgment. Pure and simple.

Exactly.

Another home run for Schoop tonight plus a double!

Wow! J-Scope is on a tear! It is really nice to see him, along with Machado, Hoes, and Delmonico, as guys that are "legit" hitting prospects.

P.S. Yes, I have penned the first "J-Scope" reference. No one can use it without the express written consent of Major League Baseball. ;)

Wow! J-Scope is on a tear! It is really nice to see him, along with Machado, Hoes, and Delmonico, as guys that are "legit" hitting prospects.

P.S. Yes, I have penned the first "J-Scope" reference. No one can use it without the express written consent of Major League Baseball. ;)

I am hoping that includes you.

If Schoop can continue to produce at AA this season I would be willing to give him a chance to make the team out of ST. I am all for playing service time games for studs like Machado and Bundy but for a guy that projects more as a ML regular I don't think it is as important.

Of course what I think is going to happen is that Schoop will start the year in Norfolk while Roberts spends the first two months of the season proving without a doubt that he isn't a major league player anymore.

On June 17, Schoop hit his 3rd home run of the year. He now has 6 doubles and 9 homers in Bowie's last 28 games (and I think he didn't play in one or two of those). His power has just exploded the last month or so.

Archived