Huge crowds this weekend?

Frobby

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am hearing it could be 70-30 Philly majority this weekend.

Ugh.

Just win the games, and it will seem like the O's fans far outnumber the Philly fans. Lose the games, and it will feel like a Yankee or Red Sox series. Either way, I'm excited to have some games where OPACY is packed. Even NY and BOS don't pack OPACY like they used to.

You know I can recall going to Os/Phils games in Camden Yards in the past and I don't remember it being all that bad. Of course, this may have been before they started winning division titles every year.

Yeah when was the last time the Phillies were in Baltimore?

Just win the games, and it will seem like the O's fans far outnumber the Philly fans. Lose the games, and it will feel like a Yankee or Red Sox series. Either way, I'm excited to have some games where OPACY is packed. Even NY and BOS don't pack OPACY like they used to.

Yes. And if we continue to win the games for an entire season, and do it year in and year out, it won't just seem like we outnumber the Phillies and Red Sox fans ........ we will outnumber the Phillies and Red Sox fans. :cool:

2006. The O's swept a doubleheader, and then lost the last game of the series.

:):):)

And in 2009, we swept them in Philadelphia. They were the defending world champions, so for the Oriole players and Oriole fans, that was like our own little World Series. For the Phillies, it was just another 3 games.

Let's hope that 2012 will be different, in that it will be "just another 3 games" for us, too. :wedge:

I was there June 28, 2003 and again on May 20, 2005 against the Phillies. The 2003 game drew 49,549 and at the time it was the largest crowd in the history of Camden Yards. I am expecting sellouts or near sellouts for all three games. I will be there on Saturday, and yes, I am expecting it to be mostly Phillies fans.

My dad went to buy tickets for this series a few weeks ago for a friend, and even at that point there were no tickets available under $50. The ticket rep told him that all 3 games were expected to be sellouts.

Yeah, I think all 3 games are sold out now, Paul. There is no Green "T" option for any of the 3 games anymore:

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=bal#y=2012&m=6&calendar=DEFAULT

Does that mean that the games are sold out ???

I forget when I was there, in 2003 or 2005, but it was against the Phillies and Ponson had pitched, and thus, we lost. Ironically, when I saw the O's in 2004 in Philly on July 4th, Ponson pitched, and we lost.

So you can imagine my reluctance to go tomorrow against the Phillies when Sidney Pon...I mean Tommy Hunter is pitching.

Archived