vs. METS 6/20

garethcoker

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha, you are crazy. ;) This team's poor starting pitching and pathetic lineup is catching up. things are just snowballing for them right now unfortunately but it's not like I look at this team and wonder why it's not winning. I look at this team and wonder why it has won so much.

I disagree to a point. I don't think the lineup is pathetic. I question why it has sucked so hard over the past 6 games, for sure, but over the course of the season, it's been pretty good. This recent cold streak is very frustrating, but I don't know what we can quite draw from it.

Tony, you're right, light weights as a line-up. BUT are we saying that Nick and Nolan make us the killer line-up that we expected? We have been a pretty good group of hitters without them up until this series. Something about New York and the O's. 1957 last time they were shut out in NY in 3 games!!!!!!!!

I don't really think they aren't trying, just right now he doesn't have a ton of offensive talent to put out there right now. Look at this lineup. It's brutally bad.

Haha, you are crazy. ;) This team's poor starting pitching and pathetic lineup is catching up. things are just snowballing for them right now unfortunately but it's not like I look at this team and wonder why it's not winning. I look at this team and wonder why it has won so much.

I know you're just attempting a reverse jinx! :)

This looks like a last place team right now. You don't usually say this with baseball, because it's not really an emotion driven game, but this team just looks like they don't care right now.

I still think it's not a lack of caring. Teams always look like they don't care when they can't hit or pitch, but the orioles are just that good. 3/5 of their starting rotation has an ERA over 5.00 when offense is down all over baseball. Add in the fact that every night the Orioles are starting multiple AAAA players and we should have been elated they have played as well as they have.

I still think it's not a lack of caring. Teams always look like they don't care when they can't hit or pitch, but the orioles are just that good. 3/5 of their starting rotation has an ERA over 5.00 when offense is down all over baseball. Add in the fact that every night the Orioles are starting multiple AAAA players and we should have been elated they have played as well as they have.

You know, it's easy to take these past 6 games and want to go crazy with them, because we look absolutely terrible, but I don't think I'm ready to say we can't hit.

Edit: Although, with each passing weak-out I'm ready to go freaking crazy.

Archived