vs. METS 6/20

garethcoker

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I disagree to a point. I don't think the lineup is pathetic. I question why it has sucked so hard over the past 6 games, for sure, but over the course of the season, it's been pretty good. This recent cold streak is very frustrating, but I don't know what we can quite draw from it.

Our leadoff hitter has a .499 OPS (yes I know SSS but still he hasn't been effective). Our number two hitter (Hardy) has a .288 OBP (He's starting to look like a good defensive SS version of Tony Bautista), Betemit (.312 OBP), Flaherty (.439 OPS), Nick Johnson (.204 AVG, .304 OBP). Outside of Jones, Wieters and Davis to an extent, this lineup is brutal.

You know, it's easy to take these past 6 games and want to go crazy with them, because we look absolutely terrible, but I don't think I'm ready to say we can't hit.

Edit: Although, with each passing weak-out I'm ready to go freaking crazy.

You need to look at the season stats. The Orioles have been terribly lucky to have won so many games. I give them all the credit in the world for being scrappy, but goodness gracious, when you look at the starting rotaiton and the options available for Buck in his lineup right now and we are a long losing streak waiting to happen.

Archived