3-6

5-7

11-9

8-12

15-10

10-10

3-6

His corresponding eras: 5.76, 3.69, 3.70, 3.95, 3.91, 3.32, 4.06

He's under .500 for his career and has a good but not great era. Personally, I don't see this as worthy of trading a top prospect for. Actually, I'd rather see what Tilman can do.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
His major league career records:

3-6

5-7

11-9

8-12

15-10

10-10

3-6

He's under .500 for his career and has a good but not great era. Personally, I don't see this as worthy of trading a top prospect for. Actually, I'd rather see what Tilman can do.

Tillman would be lucky to put up a .576 ERA let alone any of the lower ones. Garza would be a great anchor to the rotation depending on the price.

Tillman would be lucky to put up a .576 ERA let alone any of the lower ones. Garza would be a great anchor to the rotation depending on the price.

I thought I was the one that got hammered for stating an opinion without any supporting stats? In this case, I provide the stats and you ignore them. So be it. The fact of the matter is that I don't want a "great anchor" with a career record under .500 and an era slightly above average. Garza screams Guthrie at me. Ya, he's slightly above average but he's nothing special and certainly no "anchor".

I thought I was the one that got hammered for stating an opinion without any supporting stats? In this case, I provide the stats and you ignore them. So be it. The fact of the matter is that I don't want a "great anchor" with a career record under .500 and an era slightly above average. Garza screams Guthrie at me. Ya, he's slightly above average but he's nothing special and certainly no "anchor".
You have to be joking. You are actually citing W % as an indication of a SP value? In our current rotation he would definitely be an anchor. An anchor does not mean he is a TOR, but he would be better than Hunter, Matusz, Arrieta , Tillman, and possibly Britton. He has a career ERA of 3.85 and a FIP of 3.98. I'll take that.

Tillman could't hold garzas jockstrap. The reality is garzas been there done that no matter what the numbers sat. If we made that trade we would be starting a thread of who's the o's ace, hammel or garza while tillman would still be fighting for a roster spot. This trade would make us a heck of a lot better and immediately put us as contenders.

His major league career records:

3-6

5-7

11-9

8-12

15-10

10-10

3-6

There's no one - no one - on our squad currently that can even come close to matching those ERA figures over that period of time. Or even a lesser period of time. I'll take it at this point.

I wouldn't give up either. I would give up schoop and anyone else like matusz, tillman or arrietta but the #1 and 3 prospects in all of basebal aren't going anywhere unless its for a legit superstar in the likes of a giancarlo stanton or troy tulowitzki.

I wouldn't give up either. I would give up schoop and anyone else like matusz' date=' tillman or arrietta but the #1 and 3 prospects in all of basebal aren't going anywhere unless its for a legit superstar in the likes of a giancarlo stanton or troy tulowitzki.[/quote']

Or Carlos Gonzalez...

You have to be joking. You are actually citing W % as an indication of a SP value? In our current rotation he would definitely be an anchor. An anchor does not mean he is a TOR, but he would be better than Hunter, Matusz, Arrieta , Tillman, and possibly Britton. He has a career ERA of 3.85 and a FIP of 3.98. I'll take that.

Also... since 2008, IP.

84.1 so far this year.

Hoss.

For all the snarky comments about Ws, as technically correct as they may be, the OP has a valid point. Garza isn't a great pitcher by any stretch of the imagination. He's Jeremy Guthrie. Is a season and a half of Jeremy Guthrie worth giving up a top prospect? Not in my opinion.

For all the snarky comments about Ws, as technically correct as they may be, the OP has a valid point. Garza isn't a great pitcher by any stretch of the imagination. He's Jeremy Guthrie. Is a season and a half of Jeremy Guthrie worth giving up a top prospect? Not in my opinion.

Guthrie is a poor comp for Garza.

Archived