Miguel Gonzalez Tonight

OFFNY

Kind of similar, but with a couple of pretty big differences. At that time, Chris Waters had never pitched above the AA-level, except for 1 game the season before. Gonzalez, on the other hand, not only has pitched great at the AAA-level this whole season, but he has also pitched well at the major league level in his 3 games of long-relief (11.67 innings total, or almost 4 innings per outing) this year.

So, a great game by Gonzo Part II would indeed be surprising, but not quite as shocking as Chris Waters' mastery of the Angels on that fateful night back in 2008.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kind of similar, but with a couple of pretty big differences. At that time, Chris Waters had never pitched above the AA-level, except for 1 game the season before. Gonzalez, on the other hand, not only has pitched great at the AAA-level this whole season, but he has also pitched well at the major league level in his 3 games of long-relief (11.67 innings total, or almost 4 innings per outing) this year.

So, a great game by Gonzo Part II would indeed be surprising, but not quite as shocking as Chris Waters' mastery of the Angels on that fateful night back in 2008.

I just remember Waters pitching his first MLB start against the Angels and how surprised everyone was, myself included. I think Mike G. has a lot more going for him, I just love the journey men's stories and thought about Waters (being first MLB start against LAA for both guys). But thanks for the numbers and info, I found that interesting, rep your way.

MIGUEL GONZALEZ O(vs. ANGELS 7/06) *

IP:O 7

H:o. 3

R:O. 1

BB:. 2

SO:. 6

Pitches: 100 (66 Strikes, 34 Balls)

2012 ERA: 1.93

GONZO PART II BY INNINGS

* Although Gonzalez has already pitched 3 games in the major leagues earlier this season, this was his MLB debut as a starting pitcher.

Man... Tillman and Gonzo 2.0 have been a breath of fresh air for a team hurling towards the basement.

What a terrific shot in the arm tonight.

I think what struck me most about Gonzalez (and I could be misinterpreting abject terror) is the fact that he was stone-faced for the entirety of his outing. I know it's almost completely (quite possibly completely, without reservation) irrelevant, but he just looked...calm. That alone separated him from Matusz and (especially) Arrieta (a.k.a. "The Tick," a.k.a. "Dear Diary...Help!") from my perspective.

and that is why you shold have left him in for the 8th

Joking right? Gonzalez was done in the 7th and survived that despite his command starting to wane. His longest outing of the season was six innings before last night. Fantastic job tonight but as long as Gonzo 2.0 is giving us 6 to 7 solid innings a start, I'm a happy camper.

Joking right? Gonzalez was done in the 7th and survived that despite his command starting to wane. His longest outing of the season was six innings before last night. Fantastic job tonight but as long as Gonzo 2.0 is giving us 6 to 7 solid innings a start, I'm a happy camper.

He has a real nice splitter!

Archived