vs. INDIANS 7/21

OFFNY

I've noticed that this team really struggles against pitchers who can effectively be in the zone with a three-pitch (or more) mix. Even if a guy has good stuff we can usually make hay against a guy who is really only dealing with 1-2 pitches, but we just do a really bad job of timing/having good ABs against guys who can mix up their pitches. Of course--this is kind of like saying I've noticed that our pitchers struggle against .300+ hitters--but I think the effect is really exaggerated for our hitters.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm very relieved that Tillman doesn't suck today. He's getting slightly out-pitched by Mcallister, but not by a huge margin. His pitch count isn't horrible and he's definitely doing well as far as runs surrendered and hits.

Tillman's continued success means that we do not have to go scrounging in the gutter for another semi-serviceable AAA pitcher to fill a hole in our rotation.

On the other hand, I'm not very confident that we can win this game. Mcallister may go complete game, and our offense could very well lose 1-0 to this guy. Jeezus.

52 strikes, 14 balls for Mcallister. Holy crap. We need to send one of those strikes into the Indians bullpen and tie this up. We're QUICKLY running out of outs, and Tillman's running out of patience.

Come on, you don't spoil a good outing by an Orioles SP and lose 1-0. You just don't. Get back on the horse, offense! Dammit! :cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing:

Archived