Mark Reynolds OPS is .731...

EagleOriole

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice hit from Mark.

I still think that last year, Mark drives that pitch 400 feet. His power is nowhere near where it was last year. If he could do what he just did consistantly with pitches over the plate, we would forget about the lack of power. Problem is that he doesn't.

That's what losing muscle will do to you.

I don't care what the metrics say, Reynolds has been superb at 1B lately. That diving stop of JJ's errant throw was huge.

Good night at the plate, though lost-pop-up aided.

By the way...is this really what we've come to? After Reynolds pop-up...

Mike Bordick: Reynolds now 2 for 2, that's how you get out of a slump.

Jim Hunter: Good point! That is how you get out of a slump....blah blah blah, [effusive propaganda], [lame joke], [cliche] [lame joke] [cliche] [cliche got wrong] [effusive propaganda...]

EDIT: Forgot-- [fantastically stupid, pointless statistic treated as if it is of great worth and import]

I don't care what the metrics say, Reynolds has been superb at 1B lately. That diving stop of JJ's errant throw was huge.

Jim Hunter: Good point! That is how you get out of a slump....blah blah blah, [effusive propaganda], [lame joke], [cliche] [lame joke] [cliche] [cliche got wrong] [effusive propaganda...]

I would agree on the defense. You can tell he still doesn't know how to play 1B defensively. He roams to far to his right on ground balls and almost came to far on the chopper that Johnson fielded, but he has made some real nice plays over there lately as well. I hope he does start hitting, but until I see some good hacks against a RHP I am not holding my breath.

He has played well. I thought last year he was solid as well. I still think his lack of experience shows at times on how far to go for balls to his right. He has been better than Davis for sure.

Again, I am a believer in Mark going forward. Some injuries this year and he's been moved around position wise. His OPS currently sits at 701. His career OPS is 802 and last year he was at 806.

Although crazier things have happened, I'd be surprised if he all of a sudden has lost his power stroke. I fully expect him to be productive once again, and hopefully it's over the next two months.

Archived