Mark Reynolds OPS is .731...

EagleOriole

He just came off a 37 HR season and was pretty much our offense for a long stretch last year. And it's not two straight down years if it was before he came here. lol, come on. Don't reach my dude. lol

He was replacement level player last year with his defense. He's a replacement level player this year as well. I'd say that's two down years and not much of a reach. Defense actually does count for something and is one of the reasons Reynolds is a pretty flawed player.

edit: Oh lol

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm telling you guys, he's become too pull happy and it's hurting him.

His career OPS to:

RF is: .786 (I imagine this number was closer to .800 if not over before he became an O)

CF is: 1.067

LF is: 1.346

Last year, those numbers were:

RF: .500

CF:.876

LF:.1.476

This year:

RF:.303

CF:.824

LF:1.136

He's done unless he changes his approach. If you're an opposing pitcher and you see these numbers, how would you pitch him?

Reynolds is 2-2 so far tonight. Two strikeouts! They showed Buck in the dugout after the second one and he looked worried or maybe upset is a better word. Will he get three tonight?

Nice how you ignore the walk that led to a run.

You were right! He's 3-3....3 strikeouts....looking again after McLouth got his second hit as an Oriole. That walk was important. Thanks for reminding me. He looks like he is only at the plate trying to get a walk. He continues to watch strikes cross the plate without swinging. He did make a nice scoop on JJ's fantastic spin throw in the hole in the 9th inning.

Reynolds is 2-2 so far tonight. Two strikeouts! They showed Buck in the dugout after the second one and he looked worried or maybe upset is a better word. Will he get three tonight?

I don't understand why people complain about his strikeouts, it's not like we didn't know what we were getting. Strikeouts are part of his game. They were part of his game last year when he hit 37 homers for us, they're a part of this year while he's having a horrible season.

It's like complaining about your Domino's pizza because it tastes like cardboard. C'mon, you knew what you were getting and you went ahead and did it anyway.

I don't understand why people complain about his strikeouts, it's not like we didn't know what we were getting. Strikeouts are part of his game. They were part of his game last year when he hit 37 homers for us, they're a part of this year while he's having a horrible season.

It's like complaining about your Domino's pizza because it tastes like cardboard. C'mon, you knew what you were getting and you went ahead and did it anyway.

If you walk once to create a run, hit a homerun, and strike out twice x a full season no one complaigns

If you walk once to create a run, and strike out three times x a full season people complaign.

I will be fair, he makes some nice plays at 1B. He also seems to stray to far from the bag and try to make plays that a good 2B can make in the hole. Offensively, it is just sad right now. I would rather Flaherty/Betemit than Betemit/Reynolds vs. a RHP.

I think a big part of Marks problem is his confidence. Honestly he's made some nice plays at 1B like the dig on the play Hardy got to in the 9th. I cant explain the lose of power except it seems they are pitching him away. If I were him I'd crowd the plate and hit the ball hard the other way. I just think he's not really getting anything he can pull.

I'm not one to complain about Reynolds on a regular basis, but man has he looked terrible these last two games. Tonight I don't think I saw him make contact with a single pitch, even to foul it off. The walk was nice, but Hellickson was throwing the ball all over, and that's a skill Reynolds has always had - ability to avoid whiffs on bad pitches. Unfortunately, he whiffs on good pitches frequently.

Big problem this year is the lack of power. .200/.330/.470 is fine; .200/.330/.330 is not.

Like I said... It's all fun and games till you're not as productive as in the past. Last year in spite of his defense (which picked up when moved to first last year) he was an offensive power house and most of OH was going nuts. Not the wheels have fallen off this year and its burn at the stake time. That's the part I don't understand. Orioles need to re-sign Mark at vet min prices and have him DH swinging away like he did last year. No pressure. No worries and he'll be back.

This is crap. Mark Reynolds is crap. His glove is crap. His plate approach is crap. He doesn't belong on the roster, we are a better team without him. Please move on. Oh wait, Angelos won't pay his salary. Frustrating.

Not sure what this is supposed to mean. I didn't realize there was any way to avoid paying his salary.

Archived