Indians remind us how fast a team can fall out of contention

Frobby

The Indians were 47-44 on July 18, the same record the Orioles had on that day. Since then, they've gone 3-15, including losing their last ten games in a row.

Just a reminder of how fast a team can fall. The O's have had some rough patches this year (streaks of 2-9, 3-10, 1-6 and 1-5) but have managed to bounce back each time. Hopefully they can continue to be tenacious even when the rough patches hit, and keep them short. And, an actual hot streak of more than 5 games would be nice.

Yeah, this is always in the back of my mind. I know that the two teams are nothing alike, but I can't help but remember 2002 when the O's were at .500 on 8/23 and proceeded to go 4-32.

I think we have a rotation and bullpen to avoid long losing streaks like 2002 and the one the Indians are going through but I don't think it's automatic to think that the O's will keep playing at this level over the next 2 months.

Yeah, this is always in the back of my mind. I know that the two teams are nothing alike, but I can't help but remember 2002 when the O's were at .500 on 8/23 and proceeded to go 4-32.

I think we have a rotation and bullpen to avoid long losing streaks like 2002 and the one the Indians are going through but I don't think it's automatic to think that the O's will keep playing at this level over the next 2 months.

The Orioles have had so many late-season collapses that it would be crazy to disregard the possibility. It hasn't happened in Buck's two years managing the team in August/September (though the first three weeks of August were pretty awful last year), so I'm hoping that he can steer the ship into harbor without hitting too many rocks along the way.

Archived