vs. RANGERS 8-20

scOtt

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• He’s having a start to the season like Baker had last year. Webb is very underrated. “Everyday Webby”. Gotta thank the Angels for that gift. 
    • The A’s have an unprecedented situation, given the flux of the franchise and not having a future permanent place to call him right now. So their situation is a little different to begin with. However, you might be right, they might take the risk not to trade him. But teams NEVER build around a closer (even one who appears to be as dominant as Miller). They are going to be bad this season and next with or without Miller because their team is not strong enough to get him enough chances and to win enough games independent of him. They do not have enough hitting talent to challenge TEX for the division or make a legit run as a wildcard.  They would be better off trading him (while they can before a possible injury occurs) because they need so much help. If the Orioles were devoid of org talent like the A’s were it would have made sense to move a Mullins. But considering at the conclusion of ‘19 that we had drafted Adley and Gunnar (by then) AND we had a young Mountcastle and Hays and Grayson and Hall (who was still considered a very good prospect) and we had a very high pick coming the next year. I would say our situation is MUCH DIFFERENT than their situation is. The cupboard is pretty bare in their system.
    • McKenna and Hicks.  We can go 8 LHH vs RH SP and 8 RHH vs LH SP. Actually 9 if we rested Gunnar ever. Matchups baby. 
    • 12.2 IP 1 ER in the Yankees series. Now we get to add Suarez. Hopefully, Suarez can be another Cano. Wishful think for a guy to return to the USA and suddenly become an All Star legend reliever, I know. But it’s what we need.  Webb is also having a great year.  Besides Kimbrel, the pen’s only “con” is that only Akin and Cano have options. I like Baumman, and he’s survived, but it sure would be nice to fire up the Norfolk shuttle and always have a fresh one of Vespi, Baker, Krook, Ort, and Heasley, in the pen to rotate through on a nightly basis. 
    • The M & M & M Boys should be big this weekend! Monty - Mateo - Mckenna. My guy Mullins still got work to do on that swing.
    • Mayteo should start over Urias. 
  • Popular Contributors