We have to hit Jeter tomorrow if we get a good lead.

Gurgi

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No we would not ALL love to see other players get injured. Speak for yourself.

I'd rather see the O's beat the full strength Yankees fair and square and claim the pennant. I'd also rather see the O's take the high road and accept that Sabathia wasn't intentionally throwing at Markakis and not escalate a situation that doesn't deserve it.

If the Yanks, or any other team, intentionally throws at an O's player, then maybe you retaliate. But all of this talk of hoping players get injured or intentionally trying to hurt them is pretty shocking.

Yup exactly

Yea lets hit Jeter so then Garcia or whom ever can hit Reynolds, Jones or Weiters .....so then we can maybe be down two critical guys. That makes a ton of sense right??? lol

I get being upset but its a game and things happen. I doubt even Nick thinks CC was intending to hurt him. If Buck thought it was intentional the payback would have been swift.

What a bunch of sissy's around here.

I bet if someone beat you up you would try to talk it out afterwards and see why they did it, and.if there was anything you could do to help them.

Dude, if someone attacked me, I'd put him down and make sure he couldn't threaten me again. But I'd never intentionally hurt someone for inadvertently hitting me with a pitch. There is a difference between defending yourself and attacking someone with no cause.

I'm with you here. It's just a different mentality that some people have. I see where bluedog is coming from, and I don't think he's a sissy, but I completely disagree with him.

Winning the game tomorrow is the most important thing of course, but if the opportunity arises, a nice fastball to Teixeira's ribs would send a message that they don't walk all over the Baltimore Orioles anymore. That they better show some respect and not act like a jerk after knocking our best player out for the year. Even if it was an accident.

Now if you wanna plunk a guy in the butt for CC acting like a buttclown after the event....I kinda get that desire. Just make sure we up some runs and its the top of the 9th cause we cant afford to lose anyone else when the Yanks retaliate and they will if you give em the chance

What a bunch of sissy's around here.

I bet if someone beat you up you would try to talk it out afterwards and see why they did it, and.if there was anything you could do to help them.

CC had no command all night long, he did not hit Markakis intentionally. Are you the guy who wants to throw down when someone accidentally steps on your sneakers? That is basically what you are advocating. I suspect, though, you are meek, a coward, and a typing tough guy.

Yup exactly

Yea lets hit Jeter so then Garcia or whom ever can hit Reynolds, Jones or Weiters .....so then we can maybe be down two critical guys. That makes a ton of sense right??? lol

I get being upset but its a game and things happen. I doubt even Nick thinks CC was intending to hurt him. If Buck thought it was intentional the payback would have been swift.

No payback in a tight game in a pennant race is dicey. You win first. If we get way, way behind tomorrow or way, way up. Then I want some of those Yankees to be dancing in the box. Its the last game of the year against them. Hell just hit the best guy they have that comes up in the top of the ninth. If we are leading they cant retaliate till next year anyway.

It was Sabathia's bush league yelling at the umpire whining for a strike after taking out one of our best players that calls for retaliatory measures.

He was saying the ball was a foul cause as loud as it was, he probably thought it hit the bat.

It is supposed to look "unintentional"

I would bet my bottom dollar that piece of trash Girardi ordered this.

Can I prove it? Nope. Am I certain it was done on purpose? Nope

But I do know one thimg for sure, now we are down our best player, and they should be too.

2 strike count? Losing in the game, highly highly unlikely.

I'm with you here. It's just a different mentality that some people have. I see where bluedog is coming from, and I don't think he's a sissy, but I completely disagree with him.

Winning the game tomorrow is the most important thing of course, but if the opportunity arises, a nice fastball to Teixeira's ribs would send a message that they don't walk all over the Baltimore Orioles anymore. That they better show some respect and not act like a jerk after knocking our best player out for the year. Even if it was an accident.

Well said.

I just don't understand that "mentality"

Nothing wrong with plunking T bag in his buttocks if we have a nice lead. If our P can't do that he shouldn't be pitching.

There is a difference between "plunking" someone and wishing them harm, which is what a lot of people are advocating in this thread. Plunking guys is just baseball. Wishing that their hamstring tears off the bone is borderline psychotic.

Now if you wanna plunk a guy in the butt for CC acting like a buttclown after the event....I kinda get that desire. Just make sure we up some runs and its the top of the 9th cause we cant afford to lose anyone else when the Yanks retaliate and they will if you give em the chance

Exactly what I was thinking. Don't be reckless, and don't be stupid. Get the game won first.

Archived