Go Irish !!!

Il BuonO

-That may have been the worst managed game from a group of head coaches I have ever seen. Both of those coaches were laughably bad.

- Brian Kelly is a giant douchebag.

- Alabama will destroy Notre Dame. Saban will just eat this team alive, especially with a month to prepare. Any Notre Dame fans have to praying Georgia wins the SEC Championship game.

ND is not on the same level as Bama. To me Bama would be a 3 or 4 TD favorite. Kelly is a very good coach. Give him 2 or 3 years and he will have a team as good as the SEC.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really don't think people appreciate how good Notre Dame's defense is. I've watched my fair share of great defenses and overrated defenses, and this is a great defense. The title game is going to be a great game.

I'm going to go out on a limb again and say that if it's Notre Dame vs. Georgia like I predicted, Georgia will win a close game, and if it's Notre Dame vs. Alabama, Notre Dame will win it.

I really don't think people appreciate how good Notre Dame's defense is. I've watched my fair share of great defenses and overrated defenses, and this is a great defense. The title game is going to be a great game.

I don't think you realize how overrated this defense is, at least the way you've described it. It is most certainly a good defense, but it's ultimately on par with LSU and Florida. Florida is "technically" better, but even as a Florida fan, I wouldn't consider them "great". Compared to Alabama, it's significantly worse. The difference in yards/game between Alabama and ND is the same as ND and teams like Maryland and VaTech.

The title game is going to be good to watch, but I don't think that ND's defense is going to win this game, because both Georgia and Alabama have played defenses that good multiple times this season in teams like LSU, Florida, Vandy, and South Carolina.

If ND is going to win, they need their offense, particularly the passing game, to step up. If there's one thing about SEC defenses, it's that they can stop the run so if ND plays on offense like they did against USC, their chances are slim.

I don't think you realize how overrated this defense is, at least the way you've described it. It is most certainly a good defense, but it's ultimately on par with LSU and Florida. Florida is "technically" better, but even as a Florida fan, I wouldn't consider them "great". Compared to Alabama, it's significantly worse. The difference in yards/game between Alabama and ND is the same as ND and teams like Maryland and VaTech.

The title game is going to be good to watch, but I don't think that ND's defense is going to win this game, because both Georgia and Alabama have played defenses that good multiple times this season in teams like LSU, Florida, Vandy, and South Carolina.

If ND is going to win, they need their offense, particularly the passing game, to step up. If there's one thing about SEC defenses, it's that they can stop the run so if ND plays on offense like they did against USC, their chances are slim.

Yes...it's on par with Florida and LSU as they're all in the top 6 in the country. I would consider a top 6 defense a "great" defense. I'm certainly not saying their defense is as good as Alabama's, but when two mediocre offenses go against two great defenses, the difference between the defenses is going to be pretty minimal.

Prediction goes up in flames.

In all fairness you had two predictions.

I'm going to go out on a limb again and say that if it's Notre Dame vs. Georgia like I predicted, Georgia will win a close game, and if it's Notre Dame vs. Alabama, Notre Dame will win it.

I quite like your prediction for the second one. :thumbsup1:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived