Go Irish !!!

Il BuonO

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lane Kiffin contributes to the Notre Dame cause by taking a touchdown away from his team by calling a timeout.

"Guys, I DON'T want you scoring a touchdown on your own. I want to talk about it, plan it, and screw it up properly."

So, uh, might as well start my campaign about how the Irish are lame for not partaking in a conference championship game? :rolleyes:

Ultimately, I don't think it matters, but all the other contending teams have another big game and test left this season. Irish just get a pass...

So, uh, might as well start my campaign about how the Irish are lame for not partaking in a conference championship game? :rolleyes:

Ultimately, I don't think it matters, but all the other contending teams have another big game and test left this season. Irish just get a pass...

Sometimes it helps, sometimes it hurts.

It never hurts NOT to have one. At this point, even if the Irish weren't ranked #1, they would have nothing to lose by not playing. Only rarely has a team ever been leapfrogged by not playing, and its significantly more likely to play your way OUT of the national championship with one of these games. So ultimately, by playing one, you have everything to lose, and not playing one, you have very little to lose.

It never hurts NOT to have one. At this point, even if the Irish weren't ranked #1, they would have nothing to lose by not playing. Only rarely has a team ever been leapfrogged by not playing, and its significantly more likely to play your way OUT of the national championship with one of these games. So ultimately, by playing one, you have everything to lose, and not playing one, you have very little to lose.

Georgia would be hurt if there was not a Southeastern Conference Championship game this season.

Ultimately, I don't think it matters, but all the other contending teams have another big game and test left this season. Irish just get a pass ...

Last year, Alabama got a pass.

In 2001, Nebraska got a pass.

In 2003, Oklahoma got a pass.

If Notre Dame had lost today, either Florida or Oregon would have gotten a pass.

I've stated on numerous occasions why Division I-A football should have a 16-team playoff, as Division I-AA has had for 35 years. They play 11 games per year, PLUS the playoffs, which means that the 2 teams playing in the championship game play 15 games overall, and they have it all done and wrapped up in mid-December. If I-AA can do that, then I-A certainly can do it with the championship game played on or after January 1st. My point is, Notre Dame not having to play in a conference championship is perhaps unfair, but it is far from the only injustice in I-A college football. There are a lot of them, and in my rat's ass of an opinion, the milquetoast 4-game playoff that they are scheduled to begin in the 2014 season does little to eliminate them.

-That may have been the worst managed game from a group of head coaches I have ever seen. Both of those coaches were laughably bad.

- Brian Kelly is a giant douchebag.

- Alabama will destroy Notre Dame. Saban will just eat this team alive, especially with a month to prepare. Any Notre Dame fans have to praying Georgia wins the SEC Championship game.

So you'd be complaining just as much if KSU were in line for the Championship Game?

Archived