Go Irish !!!

Il BuonO

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You haven't been able to cheer for them? I didn't realize they had stopped playing games.

Of course...I'm also pulling for Notre Dame since my dad has always been a fan because they compete without neglecting academics.

Well, that wasn't stated correctly. My cheering has been somewhat unfulfilled shall we say? You know what I mean. The highs have been few and far between. It's been a whole lot easier this year. :D

You haven't been able to cheer for them? I didn't realize they had stopped playing games.

Of course...I'm also pulling for Notre Dame since my dad has always been a fan because they compete without neglecting academics.

I was raised on ND because of my Dad and even during the lean years he pointed to their stellar record of academics. It is always a bright spot.

I really can't see Kansas State losing to Baylor or Texas. It could happen, but I'd be shocked.

I also don't think Oregon will lose, but they do have a much tougher schedule than Kansas State.

We only need one to fall and I'd say there's a better chance SC topples the Ducks than anything else.

Still not sold on the Irish and think they are getting more credit for the name than performance. They've played three quality teams this year, and in two cases, it took until double overtime+ to get the win. The other quality win was against a Michigan team that has lost to every rank team they've played except for a on-the-cusp Northwestern. ND has only played 4 teams over 500 all season, and one of those was a weak BYU.

Overall, they've gone undefeated, which is impressive for any team, but of the three undefeateds, I think the BCS has it right with ND being the least impressive of the three.

I wouldn't be surprised to see USC pull out the victory against both ND and Oregon, leaving the door open for a one-loss SEC team (Bama/Georgia loser or Florida if they defeat the Noles next weekend) to sneak in.

Still not sold on the Irish and think they are getting more credit for the name than performance. They've played three quality teams this year, and in two cases, it took until double overtime+ to get the win. The other quality win was against a Michigan team that has lost to every rank team they've played except for a on-the-cusp Northwestern. ND has only played 4 teams over 500 all season, and one of those was a weak BYU.

Overall, they've gone undefeated, which is impressive for any team, but of the three undefeateds, I think the BCS has it right with ND being the least impressive of the three.

I wouldn't be surprised to see USC pull out the victory against both ND and Oregon, leaving the door open for a one-loss SEC team (Bama/Georgia loser or Florida if they defeat the Noles next weekend) to sneak in.

At the time they played them, Oklahoma was ranked 8th. The Irish handed Stoopes only his second home loss. It wasn't close.

I despise that team. Far too much hype over the last decade

I didn't hear much Hype, people talk about them because they have a lot of fans and are ratings gold.

I don't think anyone overhyped them much in the last decade. In fact, this year, it seems thy may have been under hyped.

Archived