Betemit injured running the base paths (Update: out 6-8 weeks)

xian4

AUGUST 17th (AA-Bowie)

4 PLATE APPEARANCES: O(DESIGNATED HITTER)

A) Single to Rightfield (Our Trying to Stretch it to a Double)

B) Walk

C) Walk

D) Flyout to Centerfield.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2013_08_17_ricaax_bowaax_1&t=g_log&sid=milb

I was at the Saturday game. He was pathetic trying to leg out the double. Should have been a double all the way but he just couldn't move his legs. Out by a country mile. The bat is still there but he just looks done to me. Hope he gets better but I doubt we will see him.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was at the Saturday game. He was pathetic trying to leg out the double. Should have been a double all the way but he just couldn't move his legs. Out by a country mile. The bat is still there but he just looks done to me. Hope he gets better but I doubt we will see him.

He can run slower than Matt Wieters' grandpa for all I care. All I'm looking at is his .438 OBP in the minors right now. Sign me up... I think we see him soon.

He can run slower than Matt Wieters' grandpa for all I care. All I'm looking at is his .438 OBP in the minors right now. Sign me up... I think we see him soon.

Then he better be batting in front of homerun hitters. Otherwise, he's going to cause more problems than solving anything. Personally, I think they need someone better and more reliable.

Yikes-maybe us trying to acquire a full time DH has some legs after all....ugh. They should have just gotten Mark Reynolds-it cost nothing. Dumb! Or Soriano! Ugh. I will be peeved if we give up something for a 30 day rental. Buck still will march JJ out there to blow games so why does it matter? Maybe the Orioles are hoping we can score 10 runs every game and we won't need a closer.

Then he better be batting in front of homerun hitters. Otherwise, he's going to cause more problems than solving anything. Personally, I think they need someone better and more reliable.

Reminds me of Kirk Gibson's homerun, he was hurting so bad, he had trouble even walking around the bases after hitting that classic homerun.

Duquette: Betemit's Impending Return won't Prevent the Orioles from Adding a DH

Team exploring options through trade, waivers for a designated hitter for the stretch run.

(By Dan Connolly)

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-08-18/sports/bal-dan-duquette-wilson-betemits-impending-return-wont-prevent-orioles-from-adding-a-dh-20130818_1_dan-duquette-double-a-bowie-orioles-executive-vice-president

Yikes-maybe us trying to acquire a full time DH has some legs after all....ugh. They should have just gotten Mark Reynolds-it cost nothing. Dumb! Or Soriano! Ugh. I will be peeved if we give up something for a 30 day rental. Buck still will march JJ out there to blow games so why does it matter? Maybe the Orioles are hoping we can score 10 runs every game and we won't need a closer.

It has been mentioned several times on the OH and often in other venues that (a) Soriano would only allow himself to be traded to the Yankees and (b) Reynolds insisted, as he had every right to, on joining a team that would play him in the field--he didn't want to be just a DH.

They just said on O's extra today that Betemit will be up on Tuesday after the 20 days rehab expires. Said they'd prefer to extend the rehab but really can't do so unless he's re-injured.

Oh great. Yet another guy that probably won't help clogging up the roster.

Archived