Betemit injured running the base paths (Update: out 6-8 weeks)

xian4

I don't like this in late August in the middle of a chasing a post season berth. Wilson will take ABs away from Pearce and Flaherty and he will essentially be in the middle of his Spring Training. :ohlord:

He likely will not be taking AB's away from Pearce.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I wonder who we're going to send down for him. We're facing two lefties in the Boston series and CC in game one vs the NYY. I guess we'll send Flaherty down for a few days till Sept. 1st. Has anyone heard when Hammel could be coming back?

It stinks if we can't keep him down until the 1rst, and I like Wilson. Hammel I wonder if he will be ready on the 1rst, certainly not earlier. Flaherty makes the most sense.

How about we option or DFA Casilla? He is kinda redundant these days.

That would be dumb. He's a good PR, which with the expanded rosters, is something we could utilize.

My preference would be to send down Flaherty until rosters expand. Especially, with 3 LH this week.

That would be dumb. He's a good PR, which with the expanded rosters, is something we could utilize.

My preference would be to send down Flaherty until rosters expand. Especially, with 3 LH this week.

But if Flaherty is not on the roster Aug 31, he is ineligible for the post season. I think he is going to be far more useful if we make the postseason than Casilla will be.

But if Flaherty is not on the roster Aug 31' date=' he is ineligible for the post season. I think he is going to be far more useful if we make the postseason than Casilla will be.[/quote']

IIRC from last year, he can take the place of any position player on the DL as long as he's on the 40 man roster. So, he can take Reimold's spot since he's out for the year.

Casilla is the worst pinch runner. Has gotten thrown out twice on the bases. Avery can do what he does. Casilla should have been DFAed long ago. He has like 25 at bats in the last two months. The Orioles could have had someone who could actually help the team in his spot and they might have won a game or two more.

We need to keep Casilla around another 10 days, if we're scheduled to face Masterson in the Cleveland series. Casilla homered off him at OPACY and has killed him his entire career.

Looks like Masterson is supposed to pitch tomorrow so that would mean his next turn would come against us on Monday.

The more you know.................

Also, isn't Betemit due up today? Any predictions on who gets the boot?

IMO it has to be Flaherty.

Archived