Jim Johnson Today, 2013

OFFNY

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was JJ. I don't know who this other guy wearing his uniform was, but I'd prefer Jim to take over now.

2 seamer had great movement, worked fast, threw strikes. If this JJ can come back, we're gonna be a hand full

Honestly, it was a night full of encouragement aside from the Bud. Felt great to see JJ work like that.

And the 2 seamer was moving about as well as I've seen in a long time. That's the JJ that was 51/54 last year. Let's see more of that!

The love fest everyone is having from last night is great! But it was not a perfect outing when you realize the A's had a leadoff hit without Machado's miracle play.

We are still not qualified for the wildcard right now, and have to win today and tomorrow to have a good chance of the playoffs. If Johnson was so filthy, why did Cespedes hit that rocket?

I am still not comfortable giving Johnson a 1 run lead. Not comfortable at ALL.

The love fest everyone is having from last night is great! But it was not a perfect outing when you realize the A's had a leadoff hit without Machado's miracle play.

We are still not qualified for the wildcard right now, and have to win today and tomorrow to have a good chance of the playoffs. If Johnson was so filthy, why did Cespedes hit that rocket?

It was actually with 1 out that Machado made that play. I understand your concern.. We all are concerned going forward, one good outing doesn't change it.

But the quality of his stuff was much better overall. He was zipping the two seamer on the outside edges like it was nothing, mixing in the change up, and threw a couple of hooks, albeit the one he threw to Cespedes hung up a little bit. Still like mixing it up on the first pitch.

It was actually with 1 out that Machado made that play. I understand your concern.. We all are concerned going forward, one good outing doesn't change it.

But the quality of his stuff was much better overall. He was zipping the two seamer on the outside edges like it was nothing, mixing in the change up, and threw a couple of hooks, albeit the one he threw to Cespedes hung up a little bit. Still like mixing it up on the first pitch.

If we can somehow win today I will join the love fest. I do remember last year the O's rocked Parker for 9 runs or close to it.

My optimism isn't because he went 1-2-3 (if it was, the Machado argument would be valid). My optimism is because JJ's pitches had movement we haven't seen in a while. He LOOKED better, regardless of the outcome, and you could tell he felt better after that first strike out.

If you just look at the box score, you could make an argument, "nothing has changed, it was just one outing." But the way he pitched in that outing lends me to hope he's turned a corner and his next outing will be more of the same.

Archived