Anyone miss Mark Reynolds yesterday?

Mr Snuffleupagus

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark Reynolds the dude I miss. I am also going to miss Mark Reynolds raking against the Yankees, but I should caveat this by saying that I love everyone attached to last season from some standpoint. Just the other day I was thinking to myself, I miss Steve Tolleson. From a baseball roster standpoint, I for one do not miss Mark Reynolds the baseball player and like previously pointed out, I think if Reimold can stay on the field this season, come July it is going to be Mark who?

So far, so good.

I hope he gets a hero's welcome when the Indians come to Baltimore, though.

I agree with this.

I'm tempted to get a ticket for the first O's game against the Indians in Baltimore just so I can be a part of what I hope is a thundering applause and warm welcome for a fan favorite.

I think you have a fairly strong argument that Reynolds is a better DH against left-handed pitching than Steve Pearce. But... the other 2/3rds or 3/4ths of the time I'm not quite sure how you get him in the lineup. Pearce is an outfielder and a first baseman, so he can cover 1B/DH/LF/RF if necessary. Reynolds is really only a 1B/DH. So against righties you want McLouth in left, which pushes Reimold to DH, and Davis is going to play first almost everyday. So barring injuries the question is would you rather have Reimold or Reynolds playing DH? On ability that's kind of a push, but once you factor in salary and roster flexibilty I think you end up on the side of Pearce/Reimold.

I have adjusted to Reynolds being gone but having the depth of Reynolds, Reimold and Betemit over Reimold, Pearce and Betemit would have been better. There are always injuries and the depth would have helped the team. Getting rid of Reynolds was a financial move that I accept as a fact of the Orioles mode of operation but Mark could have helped this team.

I definitely missed the seed shower after Davis' bomb. Mostly I'll miss Mark because he was a good fit in the clubhouse. I don't think he was a fit for the current roster though, particularly at the price the O's wanted to pay. But when Reynolds was hot, and it wasn't often enough, he could carry the offense. I don't think you'll see that from Pearce. I hope Reimold can provide that on occasion.

I have adjusted to Reynolds being gone but having the depth on Reynolds, Reimold and Betemit over Reimold, Pearce and Betemit would have been better. There are always injuries and the depth would have helped the team. Getting rid of Reynolds was a financial move that I accept as a fact of the Orioles mode of operation but Mark could have helped this team.

Sure, but there are always tradeoffs. Reynolds would have been better in a vacuum, but you're not going to pay $6M for a fractional gain or an insurance policy. Maybe the Yanks do that, but not the Orioles or most other teams. Reynolds is a bit better hitter than Pearce, but doesn't play as many positions, and would have been much less happy in a part-time role. If you're completely up front with Reynolds and tell him he's not guaranteed any kind of starting role I'm not sure he signs here.

Morse hit 2 bombs yesterday. I wanted him this offseason - that's much more of a bummer than Reynolds, IMO. But there's nothing stopping Reimold from approaching Morse, honestly. We'll see.

I'm not one of the people saying Reimold is going to be a force in the middle of the order, but I do think he's a better player than Morse. Much better approach at the plate.

Interesting how Buck basically said high strike out guys are selfish by trying to pad power numbers instead of helping the team. I still don't see why you guys aren't thanking your lucky stars reynolds are gone.

Interesting how Buck basically said high strike out guys are selfish by trying to pad power numbers instead of helping the team. I still don't see why you guys aren't thanking your lucky stars reynolds are gone.

I'd agree...if he wasn't so good at taking a walk. The latter screams un-selfish

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Can we just give this topic a rest? It's 2013, let's move on. I don't feel any need to spend any more time on a topic that was debated ad nauseum for 2.5 years.

Archived