Anyone miss Mark Reynolds yesterday?

Mr Snuffleupagus

Reynolds is a streaky hitter. When he's hot, he's hot, and when he's not, he's not. Right now he's hot. He won't stay this hot, and eventually will go cold. But chances are very good he'll have a better season than in 2012, and maybe better than 2011 and 2010, too. That's the way the cookie crumbles.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice interview on the MLB - he said that long dinger was the best he's had because he had been plunked the AB before. Tito told him if he did "dong" to make a statement. He said he enjoyed watching it fly and then spit and stared at pitcher as he trotted it out. All good fun, he said, no hard feelings but guys don't like being hit in the head - intentional or not.

Nice interview on the MLB - he said that long dinger was the best he's had because he had been plunked the AB before. Tito told him if he did "dong" to make a statement. He said he enjoyed watching it fly and then spit and stared at pitcher as he trotted it out. All good fun, he said, no hard feelings but guys don't like being hit in the head - intentional or not.

I was gonna say, that's not normal Reynolds behavior to stare down a pitcher like that.

Thanks for the explanation!

I was gonna say, that's not normal Reynolds behavior to stare down a pitcher like that.

Thanks for the explanation!

Yep, thanks for the explanation, Bob. I was going to say it was really odd to see him admire one like that. That was a moonshot but he hits em all the time and doesn't stare like that.

No question DD is kicking himself right now.

If Reynolds were hitting .201 with 3 HRs and tons of strikeouts, which he could totally be doing, we'd all be saying "Why did we re-sign this guy. I can't believe we brought him back."

Hindsight is 20-20 as they say. It's a great story for him.

No question DD is kicking himself right now.

If Reynolds were hitting .201 with 3 HRs and tons of strikeouts, which he could totally be doing, we'd all be saying "Why did we re-sign this guy. I can't believe we brought him back."

Hindsight is 20-20 as they say. It's a great story for him.

It is a great story, and who knows how it would have played out with the Orioles. We really don't need a thread about Reynolds every time he hits a HR. Its a useless waste of bandwidth. He plays for the Indians. The Indians. I wish the mods could set up an auto delete of threads with Mark Reynolds in the title.

Yep, thanks for the explanation, Bob. I was going to say it was really odd to see him admire one like that. That was a moonshot but he hits em all the time and doesn't stare like that.

Mark also said he is trying to change his approach to go with the sliders away to the oppo field. He really wants to have a better average as evidenced thus far in a SSS.

Good Lord can we quit it with all of the Reynolds threads. I like him as well but he's obviously on a hot streak. He didn't suddenly become a 300 hitter.

Perhaps he took a trip to a land in the south that is known to improve hitters :)....I heard him and Melky are good friends.

Of course, i'm kidding.

Good Lord can we quit it with all of the Reynolds threads. I like him as well but he's obviously on a hot streak. He didn't suddenly become a 300 hitter.

Might be a little more than a hot streak. Never know I guess...

I'm sick of reading all the bickering about Reynolds as well, but I don't see a problem with this thread. It's in the MLB forum. There are threads here about Jeremy Guthrie and Erik Bedard as well...

Archived