Anyone miss Mark Reynolds yesterday?

Mr Snuffleupagus

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seeing our 4th and 5th starters does make me miss Saunders a little bit.

In Saunders' first start for Seattle he gave up 11 baserunners and four runs in four innings. So had he done that with the Orioles we'd be treated to a bunch of threads asking why they resigned this clown instead of giving the spot to Arrieta.

In Saunders' first start for Seattle he gave up 11 baserunners and four runs in four innings. So had he done that with the Orioles we'd be treated to a bunch of threads asking why they resigned this clown instead of giving the spot to Arrieta.

Absolutely... It was more tongue in cheek.. but there isn't an emoticon for that...

That said, I did want them to re-sign Saunders.

Where's the "anyone miss Andino" thread, and the "anyone miss Saunders" thread?

Personally, I'm ready to move on.

And that was the intent when I started the thread. Seeing the team live in action without him (the healthy version of it) made me feel like we didn't need him. Then he started out hot, and a few people turned it into the "I told you so thread". I have no doubt he'll cool down and continue to make fielding errors. I'll lock it down but wouldn't be upset if we re-evaluate the move at the break.

From here on out I'll only start threads that contribute to the greater good of the board... maybe a couple reverse jinx threads and long tirades about how this team is doomed to finish in the cellar after 6 games.

• 4 weeks later...

If he continues his stats for the past month, $11 mill to have him at 1B with Davis at DH would have been a bargain. I know, I know, hindsight is 20/20, but he might make the O's look really dumb this year. Especially since Reimold and company aren't exactly looking like Babe Ruth.

If he continues his stats for the past month, $11 mill to have him at 1B with Davis at DH would have been a bargain. I know, I know, hindsight is 20/20, but he might make the O's look really dumb this year. Especially since Reimold and company aren't exactly looking like Babe Ruth.

911d1327611939-fun-star-wars-themed-memes-droids-hindsight-starwars-motivational1.jpg

It's May 5th.

Archived