Disappointed in attendance?

Pedro Cerrano

We could've been playing the Yankees and I doubt we'd have had more than 15k there last night.

Maybe not more than 15K actually there, but more than 15K would have bought tickets in advance of the game. We played the Yankees the first weeknight series of the year last season and drew 73,000 for the three games.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe not more than 15K actually there, but more than 15K would have bought tickets in advance of the game. We played the Yankees the first weeknight series of the year last season and drew 73,000 for the three games.

Perhaps, although with all the injuries the Yankees sustained before the season even started, the bandwagoners may not be out in full force this year. Point taken, though!

You would have to pay me to go see Josh Stinson pitch.

Can't believe the O's are throwing in the towell against an AL East opponent.

12:30 start, no one is going to be there anyway...so it makes sense I guess.

I know it's "just one game" but the objective is to win them all and I am shocked this is the best option we have right now.

I'm pretty sure the entire Hangout doesn't have the combined resources to pay you enough to feign approval of any move the Orioles make.

I think if the O's were 8-12 instead of 12-8 you'd spontaneously combust.

Could we pay you to say something positive just one time?

I'll be there today. A bunch of us at work try to go to every day game. The weather looks like it'll be excellent too. I don't care who's pitching. The O's are playing....that's enough for me.

I had the opportunity to attend Monday or Tuesday, but I'm tapped out for the month in baseball-related expenses. It's not cheap for me, and I have real bills that need paying. I'll probably be able to afford 3-4 cheap seats games in May, and I always think "I'm just going to bring food, drink water, etc...", but it never works out that way.

That said, in contrast to Webbrick2010, if someone was paying for me to go to baseball games, regardless of the pitcher, I'd definitely take them up on it.

I love going to the ballpark. It's always a treat. This warm, sunny afternoon would just be icing on that cake.

The Orioles are doing a better job, but I still think they are missing out on running these kinds of promotions. I would honestly make every seat in the upper reserve $5, Monday-Thursday for non prime games. I'd also offer up cheap food discounts like the Dollar dogs during these mid-week game.

Totally. I mean, we saw how effective the "throwback" pricing was last year. After Jones made a stink about the lack of attendance during the CWS series in September, the O's listened, and did the whole 1992 pricing thing...it got a lot of people in the seats.

O's still have a lot of bridges to mend, and getting people to try out the product for a fair price during the weekdays would be a good step in that direction.

I had the opportunity to attend Monday or Tuesday, but I'm tapped out for the month in baseball-related expenses. It's not cheap for me, and I have real bills that need paying. I'll probably be able to afford 3-4 cheap seats games in May, and I always think "I'm just going to bring food, drink water, etc...", but it never works out that way.

That said, in contrast to Webbrick2010, if someone was paying for me to go to baseball games, regardless of the pitcher, I'd definitely take them up on it.

I love going to the ballpark. It's always a treat. This warm, sunny afternoon would just be icing on that cake.

Come on, Wieters ...... hit it 150 meters !!!

Could we pay you to say something positive just one time?

I'll be there today. A bunch of us at work try to go to every day game. The weather looks like it'll be excellent too. I don't care who's pitching. The O's are playing....that's enough for me.

Hey I do say positive things, althouth I suppose they may be few and too far between.

As an example in several threads crucifying Tommy Hunter, I have staunchly defended him and believe he is/will be a big asset this year. I have also staunchly defended Jake alhough even I may be tiring of his struggles. Like everyone I am in Manny's camp.

But I think this team is close and it just kills me to see us pinch pennies and do nothing to shore up the starting rotation or 2B in the offseason. I believe the O's moment is now!!!

Hey I do say positive things, althouth I suppose they may be few and too far between.

As an example in several threads crucifying Tommy Hunter, I have staunchly defended him and believe he is/will be a big asset this year. I have also staunchly defended Jake alhough even I may be tiring of his struggles. Like everyone I am in Manny's camp.

But I think this team is close and it just kills me to see us pinch pennies and do nothing to shore up the starting rotation or 2B in the offseason. I believe the O's moment is now!!!

You're right. We are close. We're a game out of first and IN the second wild card spot. You wouldn't know it by reading your posts!

It's nice to get cheap food at the ballpark, but just because it's cheap doesn't necessarily make it worthwhile. Some friends and I did dollar dog night at a Nats game a few weeks ago, the line was outrageous, they ran out of hotdogs for a while, and the dogs were as generic and mediocre as could be.

You get what you pay for. ;) Seriously though, a think cheaper food discounts are great for families on a budget. Now, the Orioles allow you to bring in food so honestly, they go out of their way to allow people on a budget to be able to have a night without buying $6 hot dogs. Either way though, I've always subscribed to the theory that if you make the tickets and food at a good price, people will then buy more beer, desserts and souvenirs. Plus, the more you make a trip to the park something you do often, the more you make it a happening place. More energy, more excitement, more people want to come out and enjoy the game.

It's like going to Ravens stadium. A big part for me is the fact that I'm going to part of the 70,000+ of energy cheering on the Ravens. If only 30,000 were going and the place was a mausoleum, I'd probably be just as happy watching it on my 60 inch high definition TV at home. Beer is cheaper there. ;)

You get what you pay for. ;) Seriously though, a think cheaper food discounts are great for families on a budget. Now, the Orioles allow you to bring in food so honestly, they go out of their way to allow people on a budget to be able to have a night without buying $6 hot dogs. Either way though, I've always subscribed to the theory that if you make the tickets and food at a good price, people will then buy more beer, desserts and souvenirs. Plus, the more you make a trip to the park something you do often, the more you make it a happening place. More energy, more excitement, more people want to come out and enjoy the game.

It's like going to Ravens stadium. A big part for me is the fact that I'm going to part of the 70,000+ of energy cheering on the Ravens. If only 30,000 were going and the place was a mausoleum, I'd probably be just as happy watching it on my 60 inch high definition TV at home. Beer is cheaper there. ;)

It is hard to get the wave going when there are only 10,000 people at the game. The small crowds are usually pretty vocal. These are your hardcore fans after all.

Archived