Disappointed in attendance?

Pedro Cerrano

44,230 in the final game, total attendance 2,357,101. Nice to see a huge crowd there to see the Orioles close it out.
It was ALL about the bobbleheads. We took the first light rail into town and it was packed standing room only. The line to get in started at gate H and wrapped all the way down literally to the corner at Pratt Street and then doubled back from there. It took twenty minutes from there to walk through the gate. Never have I been in a line anywhere close to that long just to get in when the gates opened. There were plenty of Red Sox fans there amidst a sea of orange.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was ALL about the bobbleheads. We took the first light rail into town and it was packed standing room only. The line to get in started at gate H and wrapped all the way down literally to the corner at Pratt Street and then doubled back from there. It took twenty minutes from there to walk through the gate. Never have I been in a line anywhere close to that long just to get in when the gates opened. There were plenty of Red Sox fans there amidst a sea of orange.

Compared to prior years, the showing of Red Sox fans at OPACY this weekend was tiny. There were about ten Sox fans in Section 82 today. Last year it would have been more like 100.

MTA is a great system:mad: On Tuesday they had a three car train and no standing. Sunday they had two car trains and people jammed in. Tuesday, had perhaps 15,000 people or less. Sunday, had over 40,000. I am not sure why MTA sometimes runs a two train car and sometimes three. You would think on games days on the weekend they would run a three car train. Also had people going to the Book Fair. MTA= Mostly terrible attitude. I don't think they care.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Compete and they will come: <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Nationals&src=hash">#Nationals</a> drew 2.65M, <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Orioles&src=hash">#Orioles</a> 2.36M. Best combined attendance since opening of Nationals Park in 2008.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

">September 30, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MTA is a great system:mad: On Tuesday they had a three car train and no standing. Sunday they had two car trains and people jammed in. Tuesday, had perhaps 15,000 people or less. Sunday, had over 40,000. I am not sure why MTA sometimes runs a two train car and sometimes three. You would think on games days on the weekend they would run a three car train. Also had people going to the Book Fair. MTA= Mostly terrible attitude. I don't think they care.

I don't understand if you have a car why you would take the Light Rail. Cheap parking can be had and there isn't that much traffic. Really unless you are going to the game by yourself are you saving any money?

I don't understand if you have a car why you would take the Light Rail. Cheap parking can be had and there isn't that much traffic. Really unless you are going to the game by yourself are you saving any money?
Find me a parking lot within a block of the ballpark for $6.40. Add to your price the cost of a gallon of gas.

Find me a parking lot within a block of the ballpark for $6.40. Add to your price the cost of a gallon of gas.

$10 at K was the cheapest anywhere at 11 AM.

They days of casual fanship are over. There is a price to be paid for a competitive team. And the Pink Hatters were almost non-existent except on Tony's side. Well, Compared to two years ago.

You can find parking for 10 bucks within a few blocks of the stadium. I don't think you being closer means anything as you have to wait for the light rail to come in both direction and it stops everywhere so it is obviously a lot quicker to drive. So maybe with gas you save 5 bucks. Less than the cost of a beer.

Just thought I'd mention this: I'm part of a group that owns season tickets to the Orioles (I have 6 games), and I'm part of another group that owns season tickets to the Nats (I have 5 games, two of which usually end of being games where the O's are visiting DC). My O's ticket package comes with parking in Lot A, literally at the door of the stadium, for $8 per game. By contrast, my Nats' ticket package comes with parking a block from the stadium that costs $40 per game.

I really feel the Orioles are very reasonable about what they charge for parking, and their policy about bringing in food or non-alcoholic drinks in plastic bottles. Even their concession prices, while expensive compared to buying food in the real world, are much better than in Nats Stadium and many other sports venues.

I realize that going to a game is expensive in any event no matter where you go, but the O's are pretty reasonable as far as sports teams go.

Just thought I'd mention this: I'm part of a group that owns season tickets to the Orioles (I have 6 games), and I'm part of another group that owns season tickets to the Nats (I have 5 games, two of which usually end of being games where the O's are visiting DC). My O's ticket package comes with parking in Lot A, literally at the door of the stadium, for $8 per game. By contrast, my Nats' ticket package comes with parking a block from the stadium that costs $40 per game.

I really feel the Orioles are very reasonable about what they charge for parking, and their policy about bringing in food or non-alcoholic drinks in plastic bottles. Even their concession prices, while expensive compared to buying food in the real world, are much better than in Nats Stadium and many other sports venues.

I realize that going to a game is expensive in any event no matter where you go, but the O's are pretty reasonable as far as sports teams go.

Yeah, I'm in the B/C lot, between Orioles Park and Raven Stadium. I am literally in my car on 395 to parked and inside the stadium in 5 minutes, and it costs me $8 a game.

Archived