Disappointed in attendance?

Pedro Cerrano

For me, the hardest part is just getting beyond the DC Beltway. On a weeknight, it often will take me an hour to get from my office (near Georgetown) to the spot in NE Washington where the BW Parkway begins, and then another 20 minutes from there to where the Parkway intersects with the DC Beltway. I've tried every imaginable alternative route and there's just no way to guarantee the 42-mile trip will take less than 2 hours. It's really aggravating.

This is why I'm glad I live and work in Silver Spring. SO much easier to get up to Camden Yards on a weeknight!

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The doubleheader with the Dodgers drew 26,811 for the 1 pm game and 45,248 for the night game. There were over 10,000 walkups for the night game. I'd love to see them crack 100,000 for the series, so that would require 27,491 today. Possible, but I would expect around 22k for the game unless there's another huge walkup.

The doubleheader with the Dodgers drew 26,811 for the 1 pm game and 45,248 for the night game. There were over 10,000 walkups for the night game. I'd love to see them crack 100,000 for the series, so that would require 27,491 today. Possible, but I would expect around 22k for the game unless there's another huge walkup.

Little League day today, that shouldn't be a problem. I'd guess 30K+

I think they'll make that easily. The Saturday afternoon crowd would have been bigger if the game had been played on Friday night as planned. The Dodgers are rarely here and are a big draw.

Attendance is up over 48,000 through 8 dates, but that's a bit misleading becaude we've had 5 weekend games vs. 3 last year (but 3 of the weekday games last year were vs. NYY). http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=mlb/teams/027/attendance.aspx?team=027

I expect weekends to be good crowds, especially with the stock market up an after last season. I also think the Ravens winning the SB has a positive effect on the attitudes of people and getting out and seeing games. The weekday crowds probably around 15k til June until schools let out. Crowds around baseball are down in most places, except Baltimore.

I expect weekends to be good crowds, especially with the stock market up an after last season. I also think the Ravens winning the SB has a positive effect on the attitudes of people and getting out and seeing games. The weekday crowds probably around 15k til June until schools let out. Crowds around baseball are down in most places, except Baltimore.

I think last season's success has about 100 times more effect on the Orioles' attendance than either the stock market or the Ravens do. People like to see a team that they think stands a chance to win, and this time last year, nobody was too excited about the O's yet.

I think last season's success has about 100 times more effect on the Orioles' attendance than either the stock market or the Ravens do. People like to see a team that they think stands a chance to win, and this time last year, nobody was too excited about the O's yet.

Agreed - further evidence of that is the crowd's engagement night in and night out. Not only the big crowds, but also the small ones. I was there Tuesday, and 14,000 (or whatever the exact # was) felt like 35,000. They were in to every pitch.

I agree last years success has more to do with the success of this years ticket sales, but the Ravens and stock market have and impact also. Happy people spend money. A baseball game cost peanuts to a football game of which thier is 8. I think the whole area is on a "high" with the Ravens winning the SB.

I agree last years success has more to do with the success of this years ticket sales, but the Ravens and stock market have and impact also. Happy people spend money. A baseball game cost peanuts to a football game of which thier is 8. I think the whole area is on a "high" with the Ravens winning the SB.

I agree. The success of the Orioles last year made the area support of a rag tag Ravens team much easier for everyone in the area. It also made it it easier for middlin' fans to dream of ultimate success. At least at this point the area has jumped back into the "Orioles Bandwagon" with both feet. A lot of young fans again. And of course it has made it harder for non fans to muddy the water since ticks are more difficult to come by.

I think this just proves WNST and Nestor wrong. Winning does cure the attendance problem. No one really cares about the owner if we win.

Of course it does. Angelos wil be beloved if we win a WS. They will probably name a standing room only plaza after him posthumously. People like Nestor have so much less power over the masses than they think they do.

I expected a good crowd last night, but didn't expect close to a sell out, especially given it was kind of chilly. But, I was pleasantly surprised by the large crowd and excited by it. As for today, I haven't seen a full camera pan around the stadium, but based on what I've seen I expect the crowd is well over 30K, so breaking 100,000 for the series shouldn't be an issue.

Archived